Chapter 2

Harry's POV

We arrived at the Modest! headquarters, waiting for them to call us back.

"What do you think they want?" Niall asked.

"I don't know, when they called me this morning all they said was that we had an emergency meeting." Liam shrugged.

"One Direction? They'll see you guys now." The nice reception lady smiled. "Follow me."

We all followed behind her to a conference room where Simon and other people apart of our management team were already sitting. We all took a seat and waited patiently for them to speak.

"So you boys are probably wondering why this emergency meeting was called," Simon started. "Well we're here because we found we have very small support from the LGBTQ+ and community."

"So?" Zayn furrowed his brows.

"So we decided we need to reach out to them, to increase your fan base and we found the best way to do it." One of the men said. "We've decided two of you will need to fake gay couple."

"Who?" Niall asked.

"You two." Simon pointed at Louis and I.

"No fucking way is that happening." I spat.

"For once, I agree with this cunt." Louis nodded. "I can hardly stand pretending to be friends with him let alone dating him."

"Well according to your contract you must 'date' whoever we think is going to benefit your career." Simon folded his arms. "And this is going to benefit your career."

"Um aren't you forgetting that I have a girlfriend?" Louis said and I rolled my eyes.

He was dating Eleanor, an old friend of mine. He found out she was my friend and he knew it would piss me off if he dated her so that's exactly what he did. Management just twisted the story to make it seem like I set them up.

"Your girlfriend has nothing to do with this, Louis. We will explain to her what's going on." He shrugged.

"How are you going to explain it to the press?" Louis challenged.

"She was your beard to help keep you in the closet." Another one of the members said.

"Why us out of the whole group?" I asked. "Why not like Liam and Zayn."

"Well, the speculation that you two dating is already extremely high so it would be the most believable plus now new rumors that you two hate each other are surfacing and we can't have those." Simon explained.

"Why? They're the truth." Louis snorted.

"Truth or not, it jeopardizes the popularity of the band." Harvey, one of the executives, spoke up.

"You guys are crazy, no one will believe that we're dating." I stared at them bewildered, there's no way they were going to make us do this. I was waiting for them to start laughing and say 'gotcha' but that moment never came.

"But they already do." Simon argued. "It doesn't matter how many excuses you make this is happening. You guys are going on James Corden next week and he's already been tipped off to ask about your relationships."

"So that's when you'll both make your big coming out debut." Johny explained. "You have a week to make this believable."

"And how exactly do we do that?" I asked.