Chapter 5

Harry's POV

Today was the day. The day of Louis and I's first public date. Just like our coming out interview I was god damn nervous while Louis seemed to not have a care in the world.

We sat in the back of a car that management had sent for us, driving to some fancy restaurant. "Aren't you the least bit nervous?" I asked Louis.

He rolled his eyes and looked over to me. "Would you relax? Everything will be fine."

"But what if they can tell our relationship is fake?" I bit my lip.

"Trust me, they want this to be real so bad they'll believe anything. Hell, I said Larry was a load of bullshit and they still continued to ship it." Louis snorted.

"Okay, I guess you're right." I nodded as we pulled up to the restaurant. The car came to a halt and I turned to Louis again. "You ready?"

He took a deep breath and grabbed my hand. "Ready as I'll ever be, let's get this shit over with."

He opened the door and scooted out of the car with his hand still intertwined with mine. This restaurant was known for having celebrities come to it so there was already plenty of paparazzi standing outside.

They must've heard the car pull up because they immediately crowded us and began to take pictures.

"How are you two dealing with the hate?"

"Why didn't you come out sooner?"

"Louis, what about Eleanor?"

They fired questions at us rapidly. I made a quick decision to curl into Louis side as if I needed his protection. Louis took his other hand and shaded my eyes with it, protecting me from the blinding rays of the cameras.

Liam and Zayn had taught us that small gestures like that made it that much more believable. We finally got into the restaurant and we headed up to the hostess.

Louis cleared his throat making her look up. "Hi, we have a reservation under the name Tomlinson."

She glanced down at a clipboard that was resting on the podium she stood behind. "Uh yes right this way." She led us back to a booth and we both scooted in so our thighs were touching. "A server will be right with you."

"Okay, thank you." I smiled as she walked off. I looked back to Louis, I leaned towards him and began to make it look like I was whispering something dirty to him. "How are we going to do this kiss?"

He pulled away from me, smirking like I had said something dirty and whispered back. "We're going to do it like how we practiced when the guys were out." I bit my lip seductively and nodded.

"Hi, my name is Tracy and I'll be your server today." A waitress smiled and pulled out a notepad. "What can I get you to drink?"

"I'll have an ice tea, baby what would you like?" Louis turned to me.

I blushed slightly, I felt awkward since we hadn't discussed pet names so I didn't know we were doing them. "Um a water is fine."

"Alright." She nodded, scribbling our orders down. "Are you ready to order or do you need a couple more minutes?"

"I'm about ready, babe?" I looked at Louis and he blushed as well.

He cleared his throat, "Yeah I'm ready. I'll have the chicken Parmesan."

"I'll have the ravioli." I replied.

"Alright an ice tea, a water, chicken parmesan, and ravioli. Will that be all?" She looked up at us.