•2/3

❝...and who's this beautiful young lady, Finn?❞ An young mid-twenties looking woman asked, from across the table. Finn! That's his name! Finn dabbed the sides of his mouth with his cloth napkin and faced me for a brief moment. ❝This, everyone is Eleanor Banks,...my girlfriend.❞ He said. My eyes widened at the last part then I cleared my throat. I then took a sip of water my glass before getting myself back together. The table either cooed at the news or smiled. ❝young love is always the most pure....erm, Eleanor, please do tell me about yourself.❞

I was shocked by her words. So, I glanced over at Finn. He place his hand on top of mine, gave it a uncomfortable squeeze. then, he gave me this closed mouth smile. but, his eyes were more on the demonic side. ❝Yes, darling, tell them about yourself.❞ He told me. I nodded my head and returned the fake smile, turning back to the table. ❝Well, I was a military brat, meaning I moved pretty much every other month. I was born in Moscow, Russia then moved to Frankfurt, Germany and due to my father's occupation, I've pretty much traveled the world before I turned 20. So, I guess I can check that off my bucket list.❞ I ended with a horrible joke, soon regretting it.

I thought I completely blew it with the ending joke but, moments later, the table was in a pit of laughter. I couldn't help but bring a smile upon my own face. ❝I-i just cant help but notice how beautiful you are, Eleanor. model I would suit you quite well. Don't you agree, Finn?❞ A young man, looking around the same age as the woman stated, as he collected himself from the giggling. i sat beside the young woman who asked about me earlier.

Finn looked at me and smiled. ❝oh, yes. I guarantee a face that pretty would be in every magazine page,❞ He began, making my stomach twist in nervousness. but, he finished his state just as he raised his glass to his lips. ❝in playboy.❞ he finished, making me cough again on nothing, earning a wicked grin from finn.

Why is he acting like this? He never told me any of this was a part of the deal.

Finally, the food came and I tried my best not to gag, seeing a snail on my plate. ❝Eleanor, you've had escargot before, yes?❞ Mrs. Wolfhard asked. I forced a smile upon my face and nodded my head. ❝Oh yeah-i eat them all the time.❞ i lied straight through my teeth.

stop trying to be cool, stop trying to be cool...

❝perfect! because I personally can't stand the sight of them. would you like mine.❞ she asked, raising both eyebrows. my eyes widened as I swallowed down hard. ❝oh-uh-um-thank you, really. but i-uh am...on a diet. yep, just started yesterday.❞ I pathetically lied, earning strange looks from the table. ❝honey, youre already a size 0, any smaller and you'll just be bones.❞

finn leaned over to me, and placed his hand on the small of my back as he whispered in my ear. ❝dance with me.❞ he said. I looked over to him and said, looking down at my plate. ❝no.❞ I responded back, suddenly getting confidence from god knows where. he let out a short laugh, looking around the table. moments later, I felt his hand tighten around and pull me to him by my waist as he voice became harsher and more demanding. ❝last time I checked, that was a command, not a question. so I advice you to get the fuck up right now before I really make this dinner interesting.❞. he concluded his threat by kissing me on the cheek! wth!

what the hell is wrong with this boy!

not wanting to d i e, I played along. even though my heart was beating through my chest and I was completely terrified, I didnt show it. I let out a laugh, pretending that finn made a joke. he did the same as he stood up moments later, extending out. he took my hand in his and lead me to the ballroom floor, immediately plqcing one hand on my back, and the other, holding up my hand. I never ballroomed danced in heels before, so this should be good.

though, they were playing some old song that sounded like it came straight out of a Disney soundtrack, I hummed to khalid-location instead. despite the fact that I'm currently ballroom dancing with my kidnapper and potential murderer, I still want to enjoy this time while I'm still alive.

❝so, tell me about yourself, finnie boy.❞ I said, as we began dancing. ❝a. no. b. call me that again, and ill rip your eyes out of their sockets.❞ he retorted, calmly. ❝do you kiss your girlfriend with that mouth?❞ I asked, jokingly. ❝i dont have a girlfriend.❞ he said, spinning me around then dipping me. a wicked smirk then grew on his face.  ❝I have many.❞