Creatures of the Night

Grace P.O.V.

Scott and I sit on top of Stiles' jeep at lookout point as he looks over a map of California. Lightning strikes in the distance and Thunder rumbles through the air making me feel uneasy. Lying back against the windscreen of the jeep I look up to watch the clouds roll over moon as Scott and Stiles talk.

"Alright so I found cool two bedrooms in the mission district but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive" Stiles informs my brother.

"What about Berkeley? Don't a lot of students live around there?" Scott asks turning to his best friend.

"Yeah, yeah. We could try Nob hill. But the jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches"

"You're bringing the Jeep?"

"You know the plan, okay. No one get's left behind. That's the plan"

"I'm being left behind" I say turning my head to them,

"No, no. You, you are still learning. Plus someone has to watch over Beacon" Stiles says pointing his red pen at me.

"Thanks for putting that weight on my shoulders, Stilinski"

"You're welcome. Now, Lydia's not going to have a problem getting into Stanford, Kira's thinking USF. Malia's... uh, gonna, you know. She'll figure out something okay. The plan is perfect"

"Or we could wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live" Scott retorts and looks back to the sky, following his gaze I look at the moon.

"I have a vision, dude, okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision. Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know." Stiles offers and goes quest the only sound is the thunder over head. "you're all right? You're starting to feel it?"Stiles ask, talking about the full moon in the sky.

"No just thinking" Scott reassures him and I reach out and pat my brother back.

"About what?" Stiles asks, putting the red pen of the hood of his jeep.

"Senior year"

"Senior year, come on, that's, that's ... that's nothing. It's going to be easy" Stiles argues.

"It's more like something Deaton told me once" Scott admits and I sit up and cross my legs, turning my body to the two. "You ever hear of Regression to the Mean?"

"No, I don't think so"

"It's was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know?"

"Eventually things have to come back to the middle" I finish for him.

"So, think about the last few months" Scott says giving me a nod and turns back to Stiles. "Things have been good, right? But not amazing"

"Yeah, but no one's tried to kill us in six months either" Stiles replies.

"Right. We've been pretty much in the middle for a while. Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. Things are going to get really good again..."

"Or really bad" Stiles finishes this time and I jump in fright as Lightning cracks above us multiple times. "You guys think it's been long enough?"

"YES!" My mate calls from his spot, tied to a tree. I look over and smile at him and he meets my eyes and winks to me.

"Hey! Trying to have an adult conversation here!" Stiles calls over to him and I roll my eyes in annoyance as I slide of the jeep and make my way over to Liam.