Damnatio Memoraie

Liam P.O.V.

I run after the car being driven by Deputy Clarke as she keeps Hayden by her side. I know from Mason that Hayden hasn't contacted Grace at all and that pisses me off. Grace stayed by her side the whole time, Grace even tried to heal Hayden and she doesn't even have the courtesy to tell my mate that she is alive.

That is why I'm following them, hoping to get to speak to Hayden alone. I would just go to her house and wait for her to show up, but I don't know where she lives.

"Any available units, Beacon Hills telecom is requesting an 11-5 at the communication towers off Cypress Lane" I hear as I listen whilst running not far behind the car, hidden by the trees.

"10-4, Dispatch, I'm in the area" Clarke responds.

"Copy, Unit 5. A technician was sent over an Hour ago and telecom hasn't heard back"

"Copy, I'm 10-76"

"Are you gonna drag me to work every night?" Hayden asks, bored.

"If I have to..."

"You can't keep an eye on me 24/7"

"You disappeared for three days. I'm keeping an eye on you for the rest of your natural born life"

"I told you I was with Grace" My own mate still hasn't talked to me. Besides the texts from Mason's phone.

"Which doesn't improve your argument... Maybe you think you can do your own thing now. I don't care. You still need me. We look out for each other, remember?... For all I know, you could have been dead" I hear Clarke explain as I follow them the rest of the way to the Telecom Station.

I hide out of sight at the side of the building as Clarke pulls the car to a stop.

"Stay here" Clarke demands her sister and gets out, moving to the technician's truck. I sneak along the side of the building as she walks towards the open gate, giving Hayden one look back before going inside. "Hello?... Beacon County Sheriff's Department. Hello?"

"Help me" A male voice gasps as I move closer to the car with Hayden inside.

As I get closer I notice Hayden is climbing out of the car giving me the perfect chance to talk to her. With her back to me I walk up behind her just as she closes the door. She must have caught my reflection in the door window because she gasps and swings her arm around to hit me, which I thankfully duck at.

"Liam!"

"Sorry" I apologise standing from my duck.

"What are you doing here?"

"Mason told me Grace texted you, but you never texted back"

"I saw them" She replies

"You saw? That's it? How could you not tell Grace that you're alive?"

"Maybe because she left me for dead"

"You were dead Hayden, and she stayed right at your side trying to heal you"

"She failed" Hayden hisses

"She's still learning. But she tried, that has to count for something"

"Liam, you need to go" Hayden instructs. I go to answer back but a series of gun shots from inside of the building has me turning, forgetting my words until I see two bright ice cold blue eyes watching Hayden and I from just inside the gate. The... thing, rips the gate from the walls and throws to where it lands just in front of the car.