Status Asthmaticus

"What do you mean 'no' Scott? Please help her" I beg to him as Liam stands up and walks to my brother, anger rolling off of him.

"Liam look at her" Scott says, not giving Liam the chance to talk. "She's too weak, it will kill her" Scott says gently and I look down at the girl in my arms. "We don't even know what the Mercury is doing to her, we don't even know if it is actually Mercury. This can't be the only way to save her life"

"It saved mine" Liam counters

"Well that was different; you were hanging off of a ledge"

"You promised Grace, you said you'd do everything you could" Liam shouts in my brother's face.

"Which is why I'm not going to do something that I think is going to kill her!" Scott shouts back making me look back up from the dying girl to my brother and mate.

Scott lets out a small gasp for breath and tries to continue talking "There has to be..." he struggles "There has to..."

"Scott!" Theo calls from beside me and stands up when my brother looks over Theo pulls something out of his jeans pocket and throws it to my brother. I sigh in relief at the sight of the inhaler, but keep my confusion quiet at the fact that Theo has one conveniently on him. Scott uses the inhaler and looks back to Liam.

"There's another way to save her" Scott tries to reassure and Hayden begins to gasp out again.

Now kneeling back down, Theo calls out "Guys, I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a where wolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this. We need to do something!"

Time skip

By daylight Mom had arrived and we are now setting up some equipment lying around the Clinic, the operating table has been made more comfortable for Hayden to lie on as Mom moves to a donor box that Scott has just brought in.

"What's that?" Liam asks as Mom brings over a bag with a clear liquid inside.

"It's called Chelation therapy. It removes heavy metals from the blood. But the problem is, is that it can injure the kidneys and Hayden only has one to begin with, so..." Mom explains and sticks a needle in Hayden's hand making the dying girl groan.

"You're hurting her" I whisper bringing my right hand to my mouth running the tips of my fingers along my lips.

"I know baby but there is nothing we can do about it" Mom says to me with a gentle tone.

"Scott cant you take the pain?" I ask as Liam wraps an arm around my waist.

"That's not a good idea, taking the pain will help her relax which means it will be easier for her to... pass on" I whimper at her words and Liam growls out to my mom.

"Hey, guys... Remember, we're here to save a life. Not end one" Theo pipes up

"It's the full moon. We can feel it even during the day"

"And it's a super moon" Theo adds.

"What is that supposed to make you guys, like super strong? Super Aggressive?" Mom asks whilst moving around.

"Both" Scott answers and she looks to me.

"Do you feel anything?"

"Um no... My power comes from the sun not the moon. And the sun is a constant thing in our everyday lives. The full moon isn't"

"Makes sense" she smiles to me with a nod and continues working.

Scott's P.O.V

Mom shoved us out of the room so she could work easier, well she got Theo and I out but one puppy pout from Grace and she crumbled and allowed my sister and Liam to stay. So now here I sit in the waiting room of the clinic in a chair next to Theo, trying to at least get some sleep. Trying being the operative.