healing

Finns POV

Two weeks later

Since I've been out of the hospital, there has been no change with my memory. Rachel and I haven't talked since I came home. It's awkward to say the least. I've been searching for something to trigger the memories but nothing has helped. The doctor finally cleared me to work out, so I put all my anger into my workouts. When Rachel would come home from work, she would run upstairs and stay until I left. Alexa doesn't understand so we try to make things easier for her. She asks me all the time why I sleep downstairs and not with mommy, so I have to lie and make up any excuse for her. I hate lying to her but she's only four.

Shutting off the tv, I heard the front door open and Rachel set her keys down on the table by the door.

"Hi, how's work?" I asked her

"Fine" she said as she took her coat off.

"Look, I get that this is hard on you but you could at least talk to me" I told her getting up from the couch and walking over to her.

"Hard? You think this is fucking hard? Its worse than that Finn. I'm miserable without you." She told me and wiped her tears away.

"I'm sorry Rachel, I can't force the memories to come back. You of all people should understand"

"Just because I understand doesn't mean its not any easier on me. Yes you are alive but I still lost you Finn. I think its best if you just move out" she said and I just looked at her.

"Yeah, you're right. It is best. I'll pack mine and Alexa's things and leave" I told her and backed away from her.

"Finn wait..." I cut her off before she could finish.

"No, just stop okay, I'm leaving. Say goodbye to Alexa, if you want to see her we will be at my parents house" I told her and went to grab clothes for us. When I went up to Alexas room, I packed clothes for her and woke her up from her nap.

"Baby time to get up, we are going over to grandma and grandpas for awhile" I told her and she got excited. She loves her grandparents.

"Okay daddy" she said jumping out of bed. Picking her up, I put her into the truck along with our clothes. Looking up Rachel was standing in the doorway, giving her one last look I pulled out of the driveway and left.

Rachels POV

He left. I can't believe he left. I was standing in the doorway and watched as he pulled out of the driveway. Grabbing my phone I called Maria and begged her to come over. After hanging up I went inside and sat down on the couch. I could smell him everywhere and it made me cry even harder. How could he not love me anymore? I was still crying into his pillow when Maria walked into the house and sat down next to me.

"Oh honey, he left didn't he?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah right before I called you. Maria, why doesn't he remember me?" I asked her even though noone knows why he can't remember me.

"I don't know sweetie. I'm so sorry"she said and hugged me as I cried.

"I lost my husband Maria, I don't think he is coming back"

"He will sweetie, he just needs to remember. Imagine yourself waking up after month in a coma and not remembering anything."

"I understand how scary that could be but I'm the only thing he doesn't remember. Why me? I love him so much, I sat with him every day and he doesn't even remember? How can God be so cruel?" I asked her.

"Everything happens for a reason love, give him time to heal. He will come around, you just need to be patient" she said. Its easy for her to say that because she has never had this happen to her.