Memories

*Rachel's POV*

After I got out of the shower, I was getting dressed when I heard a gut wrenching sound coming from the hallway. Opening the door, I found Finn on his knees crying as he held our wedding photo. Running over to him, I dropped down to my knees next to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Finn? What's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked him. He reached up and cupped my face in his hands.

Tears poured down his face "I remember" he whispered and my breath caught. He remembers?

Looking into his gorgeous eyes, I smiled"you....you remember?" I asked him and he nodded his head. I was shaking, tears continued to pour down our faces as we held onto each other.

We pulled apart a few minutes later but Finn continued to hold onto our wedding photo and looked over at me " you looked stunning on our wedding day Rach, I remember being nervous that you wouldn't actually show up. Luke said that if you didn't he would send out a search party and drag you back to me." He said and laughed.

"Are you kidding honey? I have loved you since I first met you. Maria tried to get me to date other men because she was worried that I couldn't handle you and Alexa but honestly, two hearts is better than one and I wouldn't change a thing" I told him and wrapped my arms aroung his neck. I breathed in his cologne and sighed happily. I felt his strong arms wrap around me and held me tightly. Its been six month since he woke up and I finally got my husband back.

Noone will understand what I have been through, unless they were faced with the exact same thing, they will never know know what it's like to watch your husband push you away because he doesn't love you or worse, remember you. I fought so hard for him, I showed him how much I loved him everyday before the fire and after he woke up, only to have my heart shattered the moment he said 'you are not my wife and I don't love you'. I was broken but I didn't give up, in the back of my mind I knew someday he would remember and that will be the day I'll be whole again.

Six months I went without my husband and now, right this moment I have him back. I was told to just give up and that he won't come back to me, nurses and doctor's told me he won't live and if he does, he will never wake up and here we are today. I never gave up on him even when it was too hard to continue the fight. I love Finn, he's my life, my hero, my everything. He would joke and say I saved him but truthfully, he saved me.

*Finn's POV*

So many emotions are running through me. Love, sadness and anger. I love my wife, I loved her before the fire, on our wedding day and when we first met but I didn't love her when I woke up and that is why I'm angry.

I'm angry because I forgot her, I forgot the love we had, I forgot everything about her. I keep asking myself, why did I forget her? Why didn't my brain want to remember her? So many questions running through my mind and yet I have no answers and that upsets me the most. Un answered questions, ever since I woke up, none of my questions have been answered and now that I have my memory back, they will still remain unanswered. I feel sad, sad about how I treated her, all the things I've said to her, my actions towards her. I tried to push her away, I tried to tell myself I didn't want her and that im not the marriage type. What kind of husband does that to his wife? I was scared and lost. I lost everything the day of the fire. In my dreams, that's not how the fire happened, I didn't get hurt, noone died but then I wake up and my dream was wrong, someone did get hurt and people did die. My brain fooled me, why didn't I know something was wrong? that something wasn't right about my dreams? it felt like I was alive and going on on calls, going out on dates. It all felt real and then I wake up and find out it wasnt.

3 years, I lost almost 3 years of my life and up until now I couldn't remember anything. 3 years of making memories, gone because of one fire, one night and one mistake. That's all it takes, one mistake and you can die. I almost did, Martinez almost did and people did die that night. One small mistake can cost you a lifetime of regret and heartache. I didn't die in that fire but I lost 3 years of my life, I hurt the love of my life, I did so many things that I regret but nothing as much as I regret what I did to Rachel. I will spend the rest of my life proving to her, that I will love her and cherish her until the day I die. Even though I lost those 3 years, I will spend the next 30 years or more showing Rachel how much she means to me, how much I love her and just how much I need her. She saved me from that fire, saved me from being alone and unhappy and more importantly she never gave up on me.

I was holding onto Rachel as if she might disappear, this woman amazes me. She is the light at the end of the tunnel, she is the mother to my daughter, one Alexa desperately needed. Rachel loved me when I was lost and never once gave up on me. She's the woman I have been searching for all my life and I will never let her go.

Pulling away from her, i looked into her tear filled eyes "I will love you forever Rachel, I have always loved you even when I couldn't remember, baby I'm so sorry for what I did to you. So damn sorry. I promise I will spend the next 50 or so years showing just how much I love you" I told her as I gently cupped her face in my hands. Tears fell down he face and for once I knew they were happy tears and no longer sad ones.

"Finn I love you so much, words will never express the love I have for you. I forgive you and understand why you did that. Just promise to never leave me again. I don't think I can handle losing you ever again."

Looking into her eyes I smiled "I promise baby, I will never leave you" I told her and captured her lips before she could answer. I felt her sigh happily as she wrapped her arms tightly around my neck.

"daddy?" Alexa yelled from her room and we pulled apart. Jumping up from the floor, I grabbed Rachel's hand and walked into Alexa room.

"what's wrong baby?" I asked her, Rachel sat down next to her on the bed and I knelt down before her.

"can we go to the Zoo daddy? I want to see the monkeys" she said and I laughed. Here I thought something was wrong.

"Of course baby, let's get you dressed and we can leave" before I could finish Alexa jumped off the bed and ran to her closet. Rachel laughed as she got up from the bed and helped Alexa pick out her outfit.

When everyone was ready, I packed us all a lunch before heading out of the house.

"daddy?"

"yeah baby?"

"do you miss baby Riley?" she asked me and I tensed up. Riley...looking over at Rachel, she had the same look as I do. We were both too shocked to answer. I couldn't find the words, that was one memory I wish I never remembered.

♡ Sorry for the late update,  I've been so sick lately but I will have another update here this weekend. Sorry this chapter is so short the next will be longer, I promise. Please let me know what you all think about this chapter. Love you all and thanks for following this book.  Also check out my other story call Forever yours...Please comment,  vote and follow. Thank you for reading♡