Brielle

It's been been a month since Micheal died. I've realize that knowing life is so short, I have to begin to live my life to the fullest. Rachel and I have talked more and I've spent more time with her, Alexa, Brielle and our furry kids, as Rachel calls the dogs.

We have started to pick names for the baby and I find myself getting excited. I can't be scared anymore, I've been so afraid to bring in another child into my life because I've already lost one. nothing has changed with my job but I have applied to become an EMT for my department. I will never forget the scared look on Lukes face or our conversation two weeks ago.

"Finn what the hell is this shit? are you quitting on me?" Luke yelled when he stormed into the kitchen, interrupting my very tasty lunch.

"can't you see I'm eating here?" I asked him and took a bite from my subway sub.

Luke scoffed and threw the papers that were in his hand, onto the table next to me "what the fuck is this shit Finn?" glancing down at the application, I shrugged my shoulders and took another bite before answering.

"looks like my application" I told him and took another bite.

"I know what the fuck it is jackass but I'm asking why do you want to become an emt? you're a firefighter and a damn good one" he said angrily and plopped down into a chair across from me.

"I'm still going to be a firefighter but I need to think about my family. Becoming an EMT is safer, now since I answered your question will you let me eat in peace fucker?" I was beginning to get frustrated and he was ruining my damn lunch.

"what the hell did she do to you Finn? you are so whipped man. I can't believe you are giving up on your dream" looking up at Luke, I have never wanted to punch someone as much as I do right now. Pushing my delicious lunch away, I pushed my chair back as I stood up. Anger was rolling off of me in waves and from the look on Lukes face, he knew I was pissed.

"first of all Luke, you will never talk about Rachel like that ever again, second yes this is my dream but my family means more man, plus it's not like I'm quitting. I'll just be doing both" I clenched my fists, truly unsure as to why I am so angry.

"I'm sorry Finn. I'm stressed and thought I was losing my best man" Luke said, I could tell something was bothering him. Sighing I took a seat and started eating again. PrayingI can finish my meal.

"what's going on Luke, you have been on edge since I got back" I asked him and took a bite of my sandwhich.

Luke sighed and ran his hands through his hair. I could tell something was bothering him. I didn't push him but I waited for his answer. Never once expecting to hear what his answer would be.

"we want to adopt Brielle" hearing those words come from his mouth made me drop my sandwich.

"you want to what?" I asked him, completely shocked at what he just told me.

"Finn you heard correctly, you know that we haven't been able to have children and since we have been taking care of Brielle since you left, we have fallen in love with her and she's wonderful with the kids. I know that you have custody of her but we were hoping we could take her in permanently?" all I could do was state at him. I wasn't sure how to respond, deep down I knew we couldn't take care of 3 kids but I couldn't just toss her away and hand her over to someone else.

"I...um...I have to talk to Rachel about this Luke, we can't just toss her aside, we would have to ask Brielle as well man. There's so much that would have to be done and I don't have the slightest idea in what to do. Don't get me wrong man, I understand where you're coming from but she just lost everything months ago and I don't want her to feel like we don't want her"