Prolouge

I just wanted to say, this amazing cover was made by @emma-ro. Thank you! Here's the story. 

"No no please!" A little girl screamed. She was no older than seven years old. A man you could only assume was her father, advanced on her. A silver dagger in hand. The dagger had a jagged silver blade, that gleamed menacingly in the dim lighting of the dusty room. The girl cowered behind a bookshelf, trying to protect herself in any way. The man threw the bookshelf aside with inhuman strength. Old books flew across the room, as the man let out a feral, animalistic, growl, before tracing the girl's jaw with his dagger.

"You brought this upon yourself." He said suddenly. The knife slashed down to her arms, leaving deep cuts. Then her legs. Then her stomach, and throat. The girl blacked out from screaming so much. There was blood everywhere, and the man stood back, pleased with his work. He let out a harsh laugh. There was a knock at the door. When the man didn't answer, the knocking turned into pounding. 

"Sir! We have the place surrounded, and there are charms so you can't escape." Someone yelled from outside. The man let out a heavy sigh and dropped the knife. The person pounded on the door until it fell down. The healers rushed to the little girl and started to tend to her wounds.

"Please sir... I don't know what happened! A man came in. He bound me and I was forced to watch her get hurt like this!" The man said sadly. Fake tears streamed down his face. The aurors didn't let their guard down. One glared at him menacingly.

"Look sir, we need to take you down to the Ministry just to see your memory of this. If what you say is true, than you are free to go, but if not, you have life in Azkaban." The head Auror said gruffly. The girl's father gulped. Pools of blood were staining the wooden floors, as the girl showed little chance of surviving. The healers managed to make her stable enough to get to the hospital. The men took away the girl's father, who would later get put in Azkaban for being in close connections with Lord Voldemort, and the healers informed the girl she would never be able to speak again. Or would she?