Chapter 1

15 years later

Juliane walked into Gringotts with slouched shoulders. She waved to the goblins who nodded at her. The injury that her father gave her caused her to damage her voice box. It was unlikely for her to talk again. But Juliane still had hope. Her father gave her lots of scars that day. They were up and down her arms and legs. Even a line in her stomach and throat. The one thing that was the worst, wasn't the scars. It was that she could never talk again. Not make one noise. When she was little, she loved to sing. But even though the healers told her the possibilities were slim, she still had that little sliver of hope. She embraced the changes, but still stayed in the shadows. Nobody could communicate with her. She learned sign language, and nonverbal magic, than followed her dream of working as a curse breaker at Gringotts. "Today, you are to go find a golden goblet that belonged to William Prewett." The head said before giving them the address and sending the teams off. Juliane walked into the dusty old house, and immediately started coughing silently. A lot of people gave her odd looks. They all spread out to search for the goblet.

Juliane silently let out a groan as the goblet was nowhere to be found. The group had been searching for an hour now. 'Are we sure it's here?' She signed to nobody. As she was moving through the room, she heard a crack. Looking up, she saw the ceiling cave in and fall. Right on top of her. 

Bill was searching in one of the upstairs rooms, when he heard a crash from the room next to him. He rushed in to see a pile of rubble. It was slightly moving, and he could hear breathing from underneath it. He removed the pieces of wood off to reveal a woman with brown hair tied messily into a bun with her wand to hold it, and her eyes were bright blue. She was silently coughing as she stood up. "Are you okay Little Anne?" He asked in alarm running over to help. She nodded still silently coughing.

'Don't worry about me Bill.' She signed.

"I have to worry about you... You are my bestest friend... And new girlfriend." Bill said.

'Well, you may be my bestest friend, and my boyfriend, but I can take care of myself.' Juliane signed back. He watched as she got distracted, then turned to one of the dusty pictures on the wall. She said a silent incantation before the picture swung open to reveal the goblet. 'I got it!' She happily signed.

"C'mon." Bill said leading her down the stairs. "WE FOUND THE GOBLET!" He hollered in the house. Juliane swore it shook. "Ready to go back to the house Little Anne?" Bill smirked.

'So ready.' She grinned. The rest of the group came down the stairs and saw the goblet.

"You really found it!" One exclaimed in shock.

"Finally we can get paid!" Another whispered excitedly. The group apparated back to the bank to return the treasure.

The months passed quickly for Bill and Juliane, especially since they worked so hard. Today, Bill's family was coming over for a few days, and Juliane was having nothing of the situation. She felt that Bill should spend time with his family and not her while his family were there. 'No way Bill. I will not intrude on your family time!' Juliane frantically signed.

"Jules... You know I can't read that fast. I don't think anyone can." Bill sighed. She slowed down slightly. The panicked look still in her eyes. "You aren't intruding on 'Family time' I mean honestly you live here, and my mother loves you!"

'But it's your family! You should be able to be alone with them.' Juliane signed back.

"So you don't want to see them?" Bill said giving her a look.

'No, no, I do I just... Ugh! Bill you're doing it again!' She signed giving him a look. He let out a booming laugh before giving her an innocent look.