Chapter 37

Warning: There is French in this chapter. I don't speak French so I used google translate. I have no idea if it's correct or not so don't be mad/ offended if it isn't right. Thanks!
                                  ~Emmy

The first few months of the school year were the hardest for Juliane as she was stuck in her own mind while Bill was at work. She stayed home with Rebel and could only be bothered to talk to him while Bill was away. Her boyfriend often was gone from the early hours of the morning all the way to the late hours of the night, tracking down different things for Gringotts. He would come home tired and hungry, mostly eating dinner and then going straight to bed. Juliane was the one that got up to take care of Rebel as she didn't want to wake Bill up. She knew that the man needed his sleep after all of the hard work he did. Juliane understood how hard he was working to keep the family in their home, with food on the table. So, she allowed him to sleep and decided to stick with her small naps during the day, as Rebel had decided he wanted to be a morning person and Juliane found herself waking up from three to four in the morning so she could keep her son quiet. Thankfully, once he was awake, Rebel was fairly quiet so it wasn't really an issue in the household, except when he cried. When Rebel cried, he could probably wake up an entire city because of how loud he was. It wasn't a struggle to get him back to sleep though. He was strange like that. 

Juliane stood in her kitchen, cleaning the dishes from the evening before when Bill had actually been home for dinner. Rebel was taking a nap in his carrier on the kitchen table, so Juliane could keep an eye on him while she worked. She was so focused on getting the spot off of one of her dishes, she didn't notice a thin mist forming in her kitchen. 

"JULIANE!" Someone yelled. Juliane jumped up, dropping the plate that shattered into pieces on the floor. A rather large chunk of glass embedded in her leg. Juliane let out a string of quiet curses, hopping up and down on the floor, avoiding the glass. She grabbed her wand from her hair, which fell down to her waist, getting in her face as she healed herself and fixed the plate. Then, she looked around for the source of the noise. 

"You guys!" She groaned as she saw the faces of the demigods staring at her with large smiles on their faces, clearly holding in laughter. Percy was the first one to break, his laughter filling the otherwise quiet room. 

It had certainly been a surprise for the demigods to see Juliane curse as she cut herself with the glass that had fallen to the floor. It was partially their fault though, as they were the ones that surprised their fellow demigod. Juliane glared at her friends and, in Thalia and Jason's case, half-siblings. "That was a low blow. Really low." She said gingerly applying pressure to her foot, even though it was healed. 

"Sorry, Jules. We didn't mean to scare you." Annabeth said, shooting her boyfriend a glare. 

"It's fine. What did you need to call me for?" Juliane asked, beginning to place the now clean dishes in the cabinets around the kitchen. The demigods all shared an excited look, making Juliane slightly nervous. "What?" She asked, glancing around. 

"Oh don't be so nervous, only Leo Valdez, bad boy supreme is back!" A male voice said from behind the group. Juliane let out a startled shriek as the teens parted and in the center of the room stood Leo. 

Bill was walking up the front steps, ready to surprise Juliane by getting off work early for the day. He was so excited to be home for dinner. And so, with flowers in hand, he prepared himself to enter. Suddenly, there was a startled scream from inside the house that could only be Juliane's, and a loud crash. Thinking the worst, Bill burst through the door, to see Juliane standing stock still. There was a shattered plate on the floor, the glass surrounding Juliane, but nobody was there.Rebel was looking around with wide eyes, not crying, but looking slightly upset. Bill, who had his wand out and pointed at anyone who had intruded into their little family, walked over to Rebel and scooped him out of his carrier, taking him over to Juliane. He tapped on Juliane's shoulder, breaking her out of her trance. Juliane turned to Bill with a small squeak. 

"Bill." She sighed in relief. 

"Hey, little Anne. Are you alright?" He asked, looking at her with slight concern.  

"Yes...?" Juliane trailed off, but then looked forwards at something with anger in her eyes. It was the Demigods, standing in Gryffindor common room, smiling sheepishly, while a newcomer stood in the middle of them was a boy with messy brown hair, a faded yellow T-shirt, and a tool belt wrapped around his waist. "Leonidas Valdez you better hope Hephaestus can save you when I get over there. Oh, I'm going to kill you I swear to Merlin that that's going to happen. Tu es tellement mort quand j'arrive. Je peux jurer à n'importe Quel Dieu là-dessus. Je t'aurai Avec mon éclair. Je te promets ce Jeune Homme. Sais-tu à quel point j'étais inquiet quand j'ai découvert Que tu avais disparu?!" Juliane ranted, going off in French. Leo looked unphased at her, even though he had no idea how to speak French. The rest of the demigods shared a look, knowing that Juliane was angry at Leo and would go over there and slap him. 

Juliane was so surprised to see Leo, that she forgot about the anger for a few moments. She thought he was gone forever, but that didn't seem to be the case as he was standing right there. Just through the mist. Then Juliane felt anger rise up in her, and she found herself talking in rapid French, before storming over to the fireplace, after cutting off the mist. She lit a fire with her wand, before grabbing some of the floo powder in a jar on the mantle. She tossed it in, saying, "Dumbledore's office, Hogwarts." and walked briskly through the fire. Then, she strode past the headmaster, ignoring his questions, and Bill, who followed her, calling her name over and over again, and raced to the Gryffindor common room. 

"Password?" The fat lady asked. 

"Let. Me. In." Juliane said through gritted teeth. 

"I'm afraid I can't do that dearie." 

"I SAID LET ME IN GOD DAMMIT!"  Juliane shouted, her voice echoing in the empty corridor. The fat lady didn't budge. 

The demigods were sitting around the common room when they heard a racket from outside the portrait. Annabeth quickly shared a look with Piper and they rushed forwards to portrait swinging it open. Juliane stood there, looking angry and excited as she fought with the portrait outside of their common room. 

"Juliane Walaburga Black get in here!" Piper hissed, pulling her friend into the common room, much to the portrait's dismay. The two ignored her calls as she stormed into the room. 

"Where is he!" She shouted lightning seemed to strike in her eyes as she looked around at the demigods in the common room. There was no Leo in sight. 

"Jules let's all calm down here. There's no need to be angry, Piper's already punched him once today." Jason smirked lazily, clearly not wanting his sister to stop attempting to kill Leo. She ignored her half-brother and glanced around the room again. The painting opened up and Bill swiftly entered, confused by his girlfriend's behavior. He held Rebel in his arms and the child looked around grumpily, as if angry that someone disrupted his nap. Juliane finally spotted Leo standing in the corner, white as a sheet, but still casually holding a newspaper over his face as he hid. She stalked over to the boy and grabbed him by the ear, pulling him up and to the center of the room. 

"Owch! Jules!" Leo protested as he was dragged painfully across the room. The other demigods were smirking proudly and, in Thalia's case, attempting to hold back laughter. Juliane finally let go of his ear, only to punch him hard in the arm. 

"What were you thinking scaring me like that?!" She yelled. "I can't believe you would try and get yourself killed! Do you know how much you scared me when I found out that you nearly died!?" 

"Jules I'm-" Leo was cut off abruptly by Juliane. 

"Don't even Leo." She warned. A bolt of lightning crashed outside the window, and thunder sounded almost immediately after. "Oh shut up Zeus!" She yelled. "I was worried about my friend!" The sound of thunder outside the window alerted them all that the god was not happy with Juliane. The wind whipped around the castle, nearly shattering the windows around the room. There was a burst of white light and just like that, Zeus, Posiden, Hades, Athena, Aphrodite, and Hephaestus were standing in the Gryffindor common room. Leo glanced around before turning to his father and scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Hey, dad."