Chapter 38

Okay, I know updates are a little spotty, BUT I have an excuse. I have been super busy with school, and I'm working on other books which are in my drafts that are part of the Mute universe. Okay? I'm sorry this book has taken so long to update, and don't even get me started on Wonderland. I'm trying to update both as much as I can. 
                                                     ~Emmy

The gods stood around the common room, Zeus glaring down at his daughter. Juliane glared right back at her father, the king of the gods. Sometimes, Bill wondered how Juliane was able to do the things that she did, and live to tell the tale. It was absurd to defy the gods, no matter if one is your father, which was another shocking thing. Juliane was the child of the king of the gods and was able to stare Zeus straight in the eyes with a glare and not get hit by a bolt of lightning. Bill stared at the people around the room, in awe at the sight of the actual gods settling themselves around the room like it was normal. 

"Juliane Walburga Black." Zeus started. 

"Don't call me by my full name dad. I hate it." Juliane spat at her father. "Anyways what are you doing here. Life was perfectly fine y'know." 

"You have developed a strange power, Juliane." Zeus said, seating himself on the couch of the common room. 

"Okay? Why did you feel the need to come here to tell me about it?" She asked, rolling her eyes and walking over to Bill who, even though he was in shock, put his arm protectively around Juliane who now had Rebel tucked safely in her arms. 

"Juliane we need to talk." Zeus sighed, glancing around at all of the gods and goddesses gathered around the room. 

"Okay, talk." Juliane answered still hostile towards the god sitting in front of her. 

"Your mother was not who she said she was." Zeus started awkwardly. "Your mother was from another universe." 

Harry and Harmony were sitting in their dormitories when they heard a loud crash coming from the common room. They raced down the stairs at lightning speed. Luckily, everyone else was in Hogsmeade. The two had decided not to go, as they were too worried about the visions they kept having and were already behind on homework. As they entered the common room, they were shocked to see Juliane glaring daggers at a man with jet black hair and storm grey eyes. 

"DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK OF MY MOTHER. DON'T LIE TO ME ANYMORE DAD!" Juliane was shouting while struggling in Bill's arms. Thalia had taken Rebel from Juliane, and there were scorch marks on one of the walls and a hole in the ceiling. The carpet was smoking slightly, as Juliane usually ice blue eyes, were glowing an excentric blue with purple bolts of lightning crackling by her feet. There were large tears streaming down her face as she glared at her father. The man in front of her, who didn't look like the escaped convict that Juliane had told everyone was her father, rolled his eyes and looked up at the ceiling, which fixed itself, and the floors stopped smoking. The scorch marks on the wall melted away and the wall looked exactly the same as it had before. 

"Calm down before you set the school on fire, and I have to take away your godly powers." He said calmly. 

"I will not calm down after you waltz in here after what? Ten years? And tell me that my mother is from another world... Another... Universe! Don't you think she would have... I dunno, mentioned it!?" Juliane ranted as she escaped Bill's grasp, twisting and pulling the golden chain around her neck. "You don't know a thing, Zeus." The man named Zeus glanced at the others in the room before turning back to Juliane. 

"Don't you see? I had no choice. How do you tell your child that her mother is an alien." That comment made Juliane stop short. Harry didn't think he'd ever seen the woman so angry. 

"Juliane..." The boy, Jason said in a warning tone. 

"An alien?" Juliane asked, radiating anger. 

"Yes, an alien. What did you want me to call her?" Zeus snapped, the king of the gods getting angry. 

"My mother is not some freak!" Juliane exclaimed through clenched teeth. "She may have been from another universe, but she is not a freak. I could care less about the fact that she was different, but you, not only as my dad but as the king of the gods himself, a different type of freak, would call my very own mother an alien!" 

"You are part god Juliane! You are half god, half alien. There is nothing that can ever change that." Zeus' voice boomed, bouncing off the walls of the common room, draped in red and gold, making chairs and tables shake. Juliane was silent for a few moments as tears glazed over her eyes. 

"You're supposed to be my dad. You weren't there, but you're still my father and I didn't expect that you, even though you barely saw me grow up or helped me in my times of need, would call me an alien and make me feel like a freak. That was the job of the biological bitch of my father." Juliane said, before walking out of the common room. The other gods and goddesses alike stood in shock. That was the first time any demigod had ever really stood up to Zeus. He could kill them in an instant, but Juliane didn't care. 

"Well Zeus, I hope you accomplished what you came for." Posiden said. 

"I was supposed to tell her that her mother was from a different world and that she was even more powerful than ever." Zeus sighed. 

"Well, you told her, her mother was an alien, and then said she was an alien herself... Good attempt though." Hestaphus looked up from where he was sitting with Leo with a small grin on his aged face. 

"Let's move out. I still told her what she needed to be told. And erase the twins hiding in the corner's memories of this conversation. We don't need them to go telling everyone." Zeus said, inserting as much power into his voice as possible. Then, they were all gone and Harmony and Harry had no memory of the encounter. The two only remembered studying in their room the entire day. 

Bill walked out of the common room after bidding the demigod's goodbye and taking Rebel from a very unwilling Thalia. He knew that Juliane probably wasn't home, and there was one place in Hogwarts that she would go after having a particularly bad day, or getting into an argument, or even just having a nightmare. So Bill walked down various corridors until he found a painting of a lion, standing proudly as a guardian over the room behind it. 

"Hello, Rory." Bill said, "Let's open up now." And the lion moved aside. The canvas moving away with it, revealing an old set of stairs. Dust piled up slightly on the various paintings lining the wall. They weren't moving though unlike most of the paintings of Hogwarts. They were drawn by Bill and Juliane. Thinking of the memory made Bill smile. They spent most of their time at school in that room, talking and painting. Well, Bill talked and Juliane listened. Bill climbed the stairs and entered the tower. The window was open and a breeze pushed back the thin, white curtains. Outside, Juliane sat on the roof, staring up at the stars. 

"You can come out here you know. I won't bite." Juliane said. Bill crawled out the window after placing Rebel in a crib he conjured up and sat next to Juliane. No words were spoken as Bill pulled Juliane towards him. They sat under the stars, in Hogwarts, together.