Chapter 8

Bill watched Juliane's eyes open and close. She looked around the hospital room in wonder. "Jules." Bill said allowing tears to openly pour down his face. Juliane turned to him, and wiped away the tears gently. 

"Bill? What happened?" She asked. 

"Your father. H-He nearly killed you again." Bill was sobbing now. Juliane held him in her arms. 

"I'm okay Bill." She whispered. The door flung open with a bang, and Adria rushed in.

"Juliane!" She exclaimed, pushing Bill away and pulling her friend in for a hug. 

"Hey Dria." Juliane said tiredly. "How long was I out?" 

"Four weeks." Bill answered grimly. 

"Four Weeks! I need to get back to work!" Juliane attempted to get up, but both the wires, and Bill kept her from doing so. 

"You need rest. Let me get a healer." Bill said. 

"No need Mr. Weasley." A healer said walking into the room. "How are you feeling Miss... Black." 

"I feel pretty normal, my head hurts... A lot actually." Juliane seemed to notice the sharp pain in her head, as she placed a hand over her forehead. 

"That's normal for someone who has been through what you've been through." The healer said handing Juliane a potion. "Take this for your headache. Do you have any memory loss?" Juliane downed the potion and nearly gagged. 

"No, I remember everything vividly." Juliane said. 

"Good, good. Now if you feel dizzy, nauseous, and start to get memory loss please call one of the healers... I'm going to have you stay for the rest of the week, and then you should stay on be rest for another week after that. Then you can go back to work." The healer informed her. 

"Okay. And I'll be able to do everything after that?" Juliane asked. 

"You should be able to... Just nothing like fighting battles." The healer said before leaving. The rest of the week dragged on for what seemed like forever. When Sunday finally came, Juliane was ready to go. 

"Are you ready to leave little Anne?" Bill smiled as he walked into her room. 

"I am... I can't wait to leave this place." Juliane said excitedly. There were no longer wires attached to her, and she loved to walk around the Hospital to get out of her stuffy room. 

"We're going to be staying at the Burrow for another week, just until you're able to go back to work." Bill informed her. Juliane let out a groan. 

"I completely forgot about the house arrest." She said. 

"Rest Jules, and it's to help you get better." Bill said. 

"But I'm fine!" Juliane said exasperatedly. 

"I know you are Little Anne, but the healers want to make sure you stay that way." Bill responded. The healer that had been taking care of Juliane walked into the room, clipboard in hand. 

"Am I set to go?" Juliane asked hopefully. 

"Almost, we just need to do one more health check." The healer, who Juliane had learned was named Emily, said. 

"How long will that take?" Juliane asked. 

"Not long, just a few more minuets Juliane." Emily answered before taking out her wand and charming the muggle equipment around the room. After that was done, Juliane was given the 'Okay' to leave. As both Juliane and Bill stepped out into the sunlight, Juliane tilted her head back with a laugh. 

"I love the outside." She grinned. 

"And I love you." Bill said before he could stop himself. Juliane turned to him with a confused, yet hopeful look in her eyes. 

"What did you say?" She asked. 

"I said I love you Juliane. When you got hurt, I felt like I was going to die if I never saw you again. I realized that I loved you when you ran into that crowd... Right after you told me you loved me." Bill said. Without realizing it, the two young adults had gotten closer to each other. Bill reached forwards an intertwined their fingers. 

"I love you too Bill. From the moment I met you, I knew I liked you. You were the only person who didn't care about the fact that I couldn't talk, or that I had scars... Everywhere. You learned sign language for me... With me." Juliane said before switching to French. "Je t'aimerai jusqu'à mon dernier souffle. It means 'I will love you until my last breath' It was a quote my mother used to tell me before she died."

"Je t'aimerai jusqu'à mon dernier souffle." Bill repeated looking into Juliane's ice, blue eyes. They moved closer together and their lips connected. The familiar feeling of electricity coursed through their veins. The two didn't care that the war was just beginning, or that people on the sidewalk were watching them, they felt it was the perfect place. The perfect time. The perfect way to get an escape from the life around them. Together.