Chapter 34

Oh, the emotions in these chapters! They're really getting to me.
                                                                       ~Emmy

Juliane stood in the middle of the dusty room, with her shoulders squared, as a six-year-old, facing her father. Except, she was trembling. Fear still coursed through her veins at the sight of her father, unaged, and holding a dagger. The same dagger, in fact, that he had drawn over her skin so long ago. The man standing in front of her was the one that gave Juliane panic attacks, and nightmares. He was the reason that for most of her life, she couldn't speak a word. Did he care? Not at all. In fact, one could bet he was proud of his work. Proud that he did so much damage to one single girl, his daughter. His own flesh and blood. Now, Juliane saw the same man that broke her. He was walking forwards, holding the dagger loosely in his hand. It would be so easy to grab it and stab him, Juliane thought to herself. Before she had a chance to, however, her father began to speak. 

"Hello, daughter. I see that my work has... Well... Worked." He let out a chuckle as he examined the girl in front of him. This wasn't his daughter. This was Zeus' daughter, and he wanted no part in raising her. 

"What is this?" Juliane asked, a small amount of confusion laced her voice. 

"This? Oh, this is what I have been working towards since I was put into Azkaban because of you." Orion spat. "You see, daughter, I have you trapped inside your mind. You can't wake up until I let you. I attempted this with your brother, Sirius, but his mind is more... Let's just say, guarded than your's." His voice held such a hatred to it, that Juliane stepped backwards a few steps. 

"Why? Why do you hate me so much?!" Juliane asked. It was the question that had been haunting her since her mother died, and her father started the entire thing. 

"Don't you see? I hate you because while you may look like me, you are not my daughter. I am technically not your father, that wretched god Zeus is, and I have never liked you. I looked forward to your mother's death. She was a little wench anyways, slept with another man while she was married to me." Orion tutted before continuing, he paced around the room, like a shark circling his prey. "So, after I found out, naturally, I was furious with her. She told me that the guilt." He paused for a second, "Was taking over. Then, she spilled the beans. Told me she slept with a god. I was so angry at your mother, I poisoned her slowly. Made it seem like an accident." Juliane gasped and let out a sob. This was the part of the story that nobody told her. 

"Why? Why would you poison her?" She cried. "She made a mistake, and she owned up to it, and you killed her." 

"The answer is simple. I wanted your mother dead from the moment she came home that night. The moment she walked through that door, I knew that something had happened. Then, she told me she was pregnant. It couldn't have been mine, but I played along, for her sake of course." Orion was getting nearer to Juliane, but she didn't notice. She was too busy processing the new information. 

"But I am your flesh and blood. The only thing that Zeus did, was make me stronger than the rest. I don't know how that was so wrong." 

"Don't you see?!" Orion sounded breathless, he walked briskly forwards and pressed the knife to Juliane's cheek. She let out a small whimper. "The reason I hate you is because he made you stronger. When you were a child, I tried to hurt you. It took so much longer than it should have to break your spirit. You were too strong." The knife was drawn down Juliane's cheek, the blade digging into the soft flesh on her face, leaving a trail of blood that trickled off her cheeks, mixing with the tears that were falling like waterfalls. Juliane grit her teeth, letting out a small scream. 

"Please. Please, just, don't hurt me." She whispered through her tears. 

"I will do more than hurt you," Orion said, as he stopped the knife at her side. "I will find everyone that you love, and cherish in your life, and destroy them, and leave you alive. You can know what it's like to lose everything." The blade plunged into Juliane's side. She let out a loud scream at the pain. It felt so real. Orion pulled the knife out, and then raised it in front of Juliane's face. The blood was crimson with a slight golden tinge to it, something that Juliane had never seen before. "See that. That's the blood of a freak." He spat in her face, before continuously stabbing her. Juliane let out scream after scream, but couldn't wake up. 'I have you trapped in your mind. You can't get out until I let you.' Her father's words rang through her head, ringing like bells, causing her to scream out in pain. The knife was now by her leg. It inserted into her knee, causing her to fall to the ground. She knew it was a dream, but the pain she was in, the agony, felt so real. 

"Please, just stop it!" She screamed through her tears. 

"No!" Orion growled twisting the knife, that was now in her back, ever so slightly. "I won't stop, until you are dead. And I will kill him," An image of Bill was pushed to the front of Juliane's mind. "And them," Hope, and the rest of the Weasley's including Adria showed up in front of her eyes. "And I will get to this one last." An image of Rebel popped up in her vision. Suddenly, Juliane felt strength surge through her body. She didn't feel helpless anymore. She could feel her family, the strength that they gave her, she could feel Rebel in her arms. Looking up at her with his wide eyes, curling his little fingers around her's. Then she thought of Bill. The way he smiled and laughed at her when she made a joke. The way he never gave up on her. Those thoughts, of her boyfriend and son, gave her strength. She pulled the bloodied knife out of her, as she rose up. Her wounds healed themselves with a glowing light, as she faced her father. He looked stunned as she grew and became the woman that she was now. 

Her red hair hung in ringlets, cascading down her back, and her unnaturally crystal blue eyes seemed to pierce through his soul, making Orion shudder in fear. Her bloodied nightgown grew and became a pure white dress, giving Juliane a seemingly angelic aura. "I will not let you harm my family." She growled as her glare intensified. Orion looked up in fear at his daughter. 

"This-This is impossible!" He shouted. "This is not how it was supposed to go! You were supposed to die!" 

"I will not die father." Juliane spat father out like it was a bad taste in her mouth. 

"You are a monster. A freak! That's not normal!" Orion growled out. "Don't get me wrong. I will come for you and everyone you love in life, and I will kill them all." And with those final words from her father, Juliane shot up in her bed, gasping for breath. 

"What? What's the matter?" She asked, seeing the entire house standing around her. 

"J-Jules. Look at you." Adria gasped. Juliane looked down. She had new scars littering her body, and she had dried blood all over her. She was wearing the same dress from her dream, the silk material splayed out on the bed. She saw a glimpse of her mother in the corner of the room, winking at her, before disappearing. Juliane glanced at all of the faces staring at her with concern. 

"I'm fine. I'm fi..." Juliane trailed off as she fainted on the bed.