Flashback

By the time they reached the venue of the after party, the duo had already shared tons of stories about their lives.

Finding a seat for the both of them, Carrie hoisted herself up on one of the stools in front of the bar.

"Hey, I'll just go look for Reba for a second and tell her what happened and our plans for the rest of the night then I'll be back." Kelly said over the loud band that was currently playing a song.

"Yeah, sure  no problem. I'm going to order us drinks, what do you want?" Carrie smiled.

"Chivas." The pop singer answered shortly before walking away.

"Hey you made it!"

Carrie turned around to find Brad standing behind her with his wife. "Of course I did." She chuckled and stood up to greet them both with hugs.

"We were wondering what was taking you so long." Kim piped in, releasing Carrie from their embrace.

"Oh, I ran into Kelly Clarkson back at the arena, she needed a ride here so." Carrie laughed as the married couple sat down on the seats closest to her.

"Does that mean you don't need our company now?" Brad pretended to be hurt making both ladies laugh. "Nice to know where we stand."

"Oh please, you know I could never get rid of you that easily no matter how hard I try to."  Carrie teased as Brad ordered a drink for him and his wife.

Kelly was a bit disappointed when he saw Carrie had found some companion while she talked to Reba, it's not that she didn't like meeting new people, she just tends to shy away from people she doesn't know. "I'm back." She whispered behind Carrie slightly scaring the country singer.

Carrie laughed then motioned for her to sit on the stool beside her with her drink on the countertop. "Good, I got your Chivas." She smiled. "By the way, these are my good friends Brad and his wife Kim." She watched as the three of them shook hands.

"Hi, I'm Kelly, and you did a great job hosting the awards tonight." Kelly responded.

"I know right, I don't even need this sidekick with me on stage, I'd totally nail the monologue alone." Brad teased Carrie.

"Whatever, dork."

Soon, the Paisleys were pulled away by a few of Brad's friends in the industry, leaving Kelly and Carrie alone to themselves.

"So," Kelly started already on his fifth drink of the night. "Wasn't your husband with you at the red carpet?"

"He was, but he had to attend something far more important matters, besides I was hosting, it's not like I really needed a date or something."

"But you performed, shouldn't he be staying for that?" Lately, there had been rumors going around Carrie and her husband on the brink of a divorce and Kelly couldn't help but be one of the curious people.

"It's no big deal, really." Carrie just shrugged, asking for another glass of what alcoholic drink she just had. "He was needed by the team, so of course he had to go. He had already watched me perform on stages many times anyway."