Epilogue

"Before we end this night, I just want to to introduce y'all to someone who holds a very special place in my heart." Carrie announced through the microphone. They were in Dauphin for her last night on tour and she was feeling all kinds of emotions making her do this impromptu decision before her last set of the night.

For months there had been several speculations going on around Kelly and Carrie's relationship, they had been together for four months going on five and the only people that know are their family and closest friends. The pair decided to keep mum about it to the public.

"I'm sure you know her already," Carrie chuckled, glancing at the side of the stage to see her girlfriend, in a plain black top and ripped jeans, hair pulled up in a messy bun, giving her a stink eye. "But let's all give it up for my girlfriend, Kelly Clarkson!" Carrie grinned as the crowd erupted into cheers and applause. "Come on babe, don't be shy." Carrie giggled in the microphone as she stepped closer to Kelly in an attempt to get her on the stage.

"What the hell." Kelly shook her head several times trying to decline Carrie's attempts. "I look like shit, Care, and every person in this arena has a cellphone that they can use to take a video." Kelly whispered, as Carrie insisted on getting her up on the stage.

"You look beautiful, babe." Carrie whispered away from the microphone before addressing the crowd again. "I think she's a little shy, would you like to help me convince her to get on the stage?"

The crowd started chanting Kelly's name making the Texan sigh and give in to her girflriend's request. "I swear to God, Carrie Marie."

"Oh you love me." Carrie whispered in her ear, grinning as they stepped into the middle of the stage. "How would you like for me to sing a duet with the amazing Kelly Clarkson?"

"Care, really?" Kelly whined yet again, as a crew member handed her a microphone.

Carrie ignored Kelly's protests and just signalled her band to start playing the song she has been rehearsing all day. "Now Kell, I believe this is one of your favorite songs, do you mind helping me out?"

"Like a have a choice." Kelly joked, making the crowd laugh.

Carrie took Kelly's free hand as she sang the first verse.

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?"

Kelly smiled, looking directly Carrie in the eyes and feeling her heart swell with more love for the country singer. "I love you." She mouthed.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you."

Carrie couldn't stop herself from giving the Texan a smooch as Kelly finished the last verse of the song. "I really really really really love you."

The crowd awwwed as they watched the couple hug each other on stage.

"Alright," Carrie pulled away from Kelly with a final peck on the lips. "Thank you so much for sharing the stage with me, Kellbell."

•••

"You're nuts!" Kelly greeted Carrie with a huge hug as the singer came off the stage. "You did a really great job tonight, I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." Carrie grinned, not letting go of Kelly. "I'm sorry I sprung up coming out into the world on you tonight."

"Yeah, almost gave me a heart attack." Kelly joked, walking with Carrie back to her dressing room. "That was so brave what you did." She smiled, closing the door behind them. "I thought people are going to start throwing stuff at us."

Carrie laughed. "Feels so good though, yeah? I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

Kelly smiled, ruffling Carrie's hair as they sat down on the sofa at the back of the dressing room. "Now that it's out, they can all stop pairing you up with the next hot guy possible."

"Aw look at my baby being jealous and all." Carrie pinched Kelly's cheeks and giving her kisses all over her face.

"Oh whatever." Kelly tutted. "In all seriousness though, I'm glad it's already out there."

Carrie smiled. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Stop trying to be competitive and drop the more." Carrie playfully rolled her eyes.

"Or I can just say thank you like Ross when Emily told him she loves him." Kelly teased.

"Whatever, I'm going to change so we can head to the bus."

"No after party?" Kelly pretended to pout as she unzipped Carrie's dress.

"Oh there will be." Carrie smirked facing Kelly. "Exclusive just for the two of us, confined in the limited space of the bedroom in our bus." She winked, before disappearing behind a rack of clothes.

Before Kelly could respond, there was a knock on the door followed by Melissa's voice. "Are y'all decent? I'm coming in!"

Kelly rolled her eyes before chuckling. "Carrie's just changing, Mel."

"Mhmm." Melissa smirked and started gathering her stuff. "Sure." The amount of times she's caught the pair sucking face and almost naked in dressing rooms is definitely a lot. "Are you not going to the after party?" She asked, once Carrie appeared in sweatpants and a hoodie.

"Nope we have an after party of our own." Carrie winked, pulling Kelly up from the couch. "I'll see you tomorrow Mel!" She called out before practically running out of the dressing room, with Kelly in tow.