**Chapter 1**

Eternity begins and ends with the ocean’s tides.”

                                                                                --Unknown

**Chapter 1**

Hale's POV

I ran into my room and plopped down on my bed, rolling in the soft covers. It's been about 3 months since my father allowed me to leave our underwater Palace off the Eastern coast of Greece. I loved my home but I always felt as if there was something missing until one day I figured it out. I had never strayed too far from my home or from the overprotective eyes of my father. So when I decided that I wanted to leave he had outright refused to even listen to my proposition.

"You are a Prince, Hale. Princes do not go gallivanting around doing nothing. You have to learn how to run this Kingdom so that when I pass it down to you, you will be ready.” I could hear him lecturing me right now.

I wanted to leave and experience everything there was to experience and then when I came back I promised never to leave again. I’ve been stuck in that place since the Greek first started worshipping us! It was about time for me to leave. When he said no I couldn’t hold back my anger and went crazy until he finally agreed to hear me out.

**Flashback**

“Father…”

“Son, I’ve decided to let you go…”

Yes!

“…under one condition.”

“Anything Father, name it and it shall be done.” I said very enthusiastically.

“When you have finally returned you agreed to stay here and take my position as King, looking over our people and the oceans as is your duty...”

“Yes father.”

“…and you will also take Naida as your wife to sit at your side as you rule.”

WHAT?!

“Do you have a problem with that Hale?” My father questioned confused.

“Well…Father, I do not know this Naida nor do I wish to marry her.”

“Those are my conditions and you will abide by them or you will not go!” I watched as he rose from his throne and I knew he was becoming angry.

 “Yes father.” I nodded in agreement.