**Chapter 19**

Chapter 19

Kai's POV

"Babe! Please! Open your eyes...." Hale had just collapsed on us while we were walking back to the palace. When he dropped I dropped with him trying to keep him up. He was now lying in my lap as we tried in vain to wake him. Turning to Lucas and Bryce I began crying harder when I realized that he wasn't waking up.

"What the hell is wrong with him? Why won't he wake up?" Lucas knelt down next to me rubbing his hand across my back in a soothing manner.

"We don't know yet but as soon as we get him back to the palace we'll be able to find out. Bryce is going to carry him back but we have to hurry in case whatever it is that caused this is time sensitive."

Nodding my head I looked down once more at Hale's peaceful face. It reminded me of the few times that I had woken up with him. He looked so calm like nothing was wrong and it hurt me to know that he was actually lost in himself right now. I wanted him back.

Everything seemed to pass me as a blur. All the whispers from the town’s people fell on deaf ears as nothing else mattered to me right now. The strange looks that they were giving us were nothing to me as we followed behind Bryce as he carried Hale back.

Once we were back everyone went into a frenzy trying to find anyone that could help us as soon as they heard what happened. Bryce ignored all the commotion as he and I walked towards Hale's room. Bryce gently laid him down on his bed while I pulled the covers up, tucking him in tight.

Looking around the room I found a chair that I could move easily and dragged it over to the side of the bed. Bryce had left so it was just me and him in here for a while before all the doctors or whoever else came in to see him. I wanted nothing more than to climb into that bed with him pretend that was nothing was wrong and fall asleep. But that wasn't the case, something was wrong.

There was a knock on the door but I didn't bother to get it. A grunting sound came from my mouth and I guess the person decided that was their cue to come in. Listening as their footsteps got closer and closer I didn't even flinch when someone placed their hand comfortingly on my shoulder.

"It's okay Kai...he'll be fine." My body tensed as I realized who was standing behind me. Slowly I turned around to face Hale's father. He stood there with a grim look on his face but hope in his eyes. He was gripping my shoulder harder the longer he looked at his son's lifeless body lying there in the bed.

"I know he will be. I just...I just want him back now." My vision began to blur as my eyes filled with tears. Before I knew it Poseidon's arms were wrapped tightly around me. Without thinking about it I turned around in his arms and cried into his chest.

"Shh...It’s okay. He'll be awake and harassing you before you know it." He said with a light chuckle.

Sniffling and rubbing my face against his shirt I immediately pulled back when I realized what I had just done. Looking down at his shirt there was a big wet spot where I had been crying. Oh crap!

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to get your shirt all dirty and wet..."

"Don't worry about it. Everyone needs someone to cry on." He patted my head softly before turning to leave. When he made it to the door he turned back to me and started telling me something.

"There will be doctors coming in and out of Hale's room today. Until we find out what's wrong with him I will make sure that I do everything to save him."

Nodding my head in understanding I turned my attention back on Hale whose chest was barely rising and falling now. Leaning down I pressed my lips against his forehead kissing him sweetly. When he woke up everything would be just fine.