**Chapter 22**

Chapter 22

Kai's POV

It had been a week since Hale woke up and things seemed to fall back into place. He looked just like he had before he fell into that deep sleep. It was almost as if nothing had happened. I began refining my skills as he began to reassure the kingdom that he was fine and everything was under control. He assured them that he would find out who had done this to him. The people seemed relieved to hear that he was better and that he would be returning to his duties as a Prince.

"Everything seems to be going okay but something just seems off about some of the people that came back." Kai confided in me his suspicions.

"They just seem off. Do you think that Naida could have done something to them before sending them back?"

"I don't think she has the power to alter their minds like that babe." I reassured him but he didn't look convinced.

"I didn't think that she had the ability to put me to sleep for so long either but look what happened." He reminded me.

"I suppose you're right. If you want I could give them a once over to see if anything about them is not how it should be."

"You can do that?" He asked surprised.

"Of course I can." I pouted. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me into him before bending down and pressing his lips to mine firmly then pulling away.

"Remember that all this is still new for me so you'll have to just bear with me when I forget how amazing you truly are." He purred against my lips.

"Yeah I forget that you had fallen asleep for a little while." I teased.

"A little while huh?" he asked cocking one eyebrow.

"Meh....I hardly noticed." I smiled back at him playfully.

"I'm hurt." He gasped dramatically clutching his heart.

"How can I make it up to you? I don't want you feeling so hurt..."

"Well I'm not sure...do whatever you think would make me happy..." he whispered huskily.

"In that case..." I started to run my hands along Hale's chest over slipping them underneath his shirt, pushing my fingers higher and higher until I was interrupted by a heavy knocking at the door. Stopping dead in my tracks my head dropped against Hale's chest letting out a heavy sigh as I removed my hands from my lover's chest.

"Who is it?" Hale called out angrily.

"Your father?" Poseidon called out from the other side of the door in an amused tone before pushing the door in peeking his head around the side of the door tentatively.

"Hello father." Hale greeted him dryly.

"Did I interrupt something?" He asked quizzically reading Hale's pissed expression.