**Chapter 18**

Chapter 18

Kai's POV

Honey? Who the hell was this chick? And why was she talking to Hale like that? Wait...she can't be...

"Hello Naida." The venom that dripped from each word was obvious as he spoke to her. Her eyes dropped down to where I was sitting and her fake smile had dropped but was replaced with a scowl. Her eyes roamed over me before turning her attention back to Hale and his friends.

"So Bryce how have you been?" her voice was annoying and I wish she would just leave so I wouldn't have to hear it anymore. Rolling my eyes at her fakeness I turned my attention to Bryce who looked like he was trying to hold back a string of insults.

When she didn't get an answer from him she turned her fakeness on Lucas who was trying to avoid any type of eye contact with her. She was forced into talking to Hale who had been glaring at her the entire time.

"So Hale what time is dinner?"

"You're not invited..." he said in a bored tone.

"Of course I am. The last time I checked I'm your fiancé which means that I always have an invitation for dinner." This girl was really starting to piss me off. She just walks in here after everything she put Hale through and acts as if nothing is wrong. She threatened the lives of so many people simply so she could get married to Hale and take over his kingdom.

"You're no longer my fiancé."

"Oh I think that I am...."

"No you're not. I don't care how many threats you may throw at us we will fight you and there's nothing you can do about it."

"I beg to differ. I will have what I want and there's nothing that YOU can do about it." With that she turned so that she was looking at me. Her fake smile turned into one that made my skin crawl.

"You won't get in my way now will you mortal? I have no problem destroying you and everything that you hold dear to you including that little sister of yours." That was my breaking point no one threatens my Edoni. Before she could speak another word I was out of my chair and in her face. She shrunk back from me when she realized that I wasn't someone who would let her walk over me.

I had one hand slammed into the wall where she was cowering as the other was clenched into a fist by my side. I was fuming at the way she was threatening Edoni. How dare she threaten to harm her? If she wasn't a girl I would have punched her dead in the face.

"Don't you ever let her name come out of your mouth again do you understand me? If you ever come close to her you won't remember that I'm a mortal after I'm done dealing with you." She masked the fear in her eyes after staring back at me for a few seconds.

"Whatever human. I don't need to deal with this." With that she turned around walking down the hall and away from us. What were we going to do about her? She was definitely out of control.