**Chapter 16**

Chapter 16

Kai's POV

As soon as I walked into the swirling cyclone of death my eyes shut closed and I kept them closed for what seemed like forever but was certainly only a few minutes.

"Are you planning on opening your eyes any time soon?" Hale whispered in my ear huskily sending shivers through me. Slowly opening my eyes I was amazed at what I saw before me. It was gorgeous and like nothing I've ever seen before.

Before me was Hale's home. People walking around with an air of contentment, the buildings were simplistic yet designed beautifully. We were standing outside of a large set of golden gates that seemed to glisten with every second that I looked at it.

Everything seemed so unreal, reaching down and pinching a small piece of skin on my arm I yelped.

"What's wrong?" Hale looked down at me, his eyes laced with concern.

"Nothing...I'm just making sure everything is real." Laughing a whole-hearted laugh he reached down and interlocked his fingers with mines and pulled me along as he walked through the gates that protected the beautiful city in front of me. As soon as we stepped past the gates everything stopped.

Everyone was staring at us intensely not saying anything. When we walked past them they dropped down to one knee and whispered praises to Hale. He seemed to be used to this but my cheeks were becoming permanently stained with the blush that seemed to find its way to my face.

Hiding my face in his shoulder I continued to walk behind him. After we passed the people I could hear mumblings of "Who's that?" and "Isn't he a human?” Before we could get far enough into the city two ginormous men who made me cower even more behind Hale who was simply standing there as if nothing was wrong.

"Your Majesty." The two men said in unison as they bowed at the waist in respect to Hale.

"Hello, it's good to see you two again. Did my father send for me?"

"Yes your majesty he sent for you as soon as he realized that you were coming home. He has already begun the marriage arrangements..." at the sound of marriage I cringed thinking of the ultimatum that Hale was presented with.

"Okay well I need to go see him and also I need all the arrangements for the wedding to be put on hold. Me and that bitch will never get married." A look of disdain marred his beautiful features for a mere second before he composed himself.

As one of the guards moved forward we quickly began to follow him. The other man walked past us and began to usher all of the people that had gathered to see what was happening out of the vicinity. After that he came and walked behind us quietly.

My face was still buried in Hale's shoulder as we made our way through the streets. We walked for about fifteen minutes before we came and stopped in front of an ornate palace. It looked like something you would see in a movie; something so incredible that there was no way it could be real. But here I was standing in front of it.