**Chapter 4**

.:Chapter 4:.

Hale’s POV

What was I supposed to do? I had never felt like this before and it was driving me crazy. He was everything I wanted. He seemed so sweet, and genuine, he would obviously love the idea of me being ruler over the seas, and he was hot. So what’s the problem you ask? One word: Naida. How was I going to explain to my father that I didn’t want to marry Naida instead I wanted Kai, a mortal of all things? Over the years we have lost many people, islands and quite recently air and sea crafts because of my father’s anger.

I finally ended up at my favorite thinking spot; an underwater cave close to my house. There’s a small pool that I tend to manipulate when I need to clear my mind, that way I don’t do any real damage like my father. I sat down next to the small body of water and created a water spout. As I watched the water swirl around an invisible center I thought up ways to live with Kai without anyone finding out.

Eventually I would have to return home, but there was no way for me to hide him there. I couldn’t stay on dry land because my father would no doubt come looking for me. Trust me, there is no place to hide when an angry god is looking for you. He would not hesitate to sink all of California to get to me. The more I thought about it the more frustrated I got and the stronger the water spout became. It was now at least 5-ft high and growing.

I released my hold on the water and stood up to pace. I turned around and standing there was Albion. A giant smile spread across my face. I haven’t seen him since my father allowed me to leave, yes I’ve spoken to him but seeing him was something entirely different.

“Hello your majes-” I interrupted him by tackling him to the ground in a crushing hug.

“Albion! I’ve missed you so very much…”

Although he was my personal servant, Albion and I have grown up together and he is only a couple of years older than I am. He is my most trusted friend and I hid nothing from him. He was a great person and was like a brother. Growing up we were practically attached at the hip. We went everywhere together, did everything together and especially got in trouble together. I honestly wished he could find someone for himself like Kai.

I watched as he squirmed underneath me, personal affection was always a problem with him. He thought that it was inappropriate to touch, let alone hug, anyone of the royal family. Hence the reason I always hug him, it usually got him so tense that he broke from his normal routine.

“Hale! Get off me!” he screamed trying his hardest to move me.

I got off him and watched as he tried to straighten himself. He was an odd person, but I guess that’s why he was the most trusted around me. I watched as he shook his shaggy black hair out from in front of his eyes. His eyes were what you noticed when you first saw him. They were a crystal  blue that seemed unnatural, probably because they were.

Somehow he received some of our god-like powers and was able to control small amounts of water. You would never know that because he wasn’t one to flaunt his powers, he was always humble even growing up. The only reason I knew was because one night we went to one of Dionysus’s parties and got super drunk and he told me. I smiled remembering that night, it was one crazy party.

“Hale, why do you insist upon hugging me when I’ve told you time after time not to?” he said trying to sound annoyed at me as he sat up.