Chapter One - Melancholic Past

Hey peeps! Welcome to my first ever Pearlshipping Fanfiction! I'll give it my best shot but please don't expect too much XD Without further ado, let's get started ^^

Ash's POV

I open my eyes and stare at the blank ceiling with my alarm ringing soundly beside me, it was yet another morning. I switch my alarm off and find myself in an unfamiliar room with unopened boxes everywhere. I drag myself out of bed while recalling my recent events.

Flashback

"Ash Ketchum, you're officially expelled from this school."

My school principal declares after I arrive at his office. Confused about my sudden expulsion, I can only utter a simple question.

"Why?"

He takes a moment to gather his words before answering me while gazing out of the window.

"I think you realise yourself that there's a few rumours circling around the academy regarding you, none of which are positive. We've received complaints from not only students, but parents as well, about your presence which is the reason we decided to-"

"Gotcha."

I answer him before he finishes speaking to emphasise my lack of interest. There's no point in reasoning with him, it's not like this never happened before.

I remain my calm facade as I stroll out of his office. As soon as I left the school grounds, I race back home. Arriving back to my apartment, I cry out all the tears I had held back. I place my hand on my chest and gripped it tightly. Why? Why me? What have I done to deserve this? If only this stupid demon isn't sealed within me! 

After placating myself, I gaze outside the window and notice a content couple. My heart aches as my eyes follow them, knowing that I'll never have what they do; a soulmate.

I take out a handkerchief from my pocket to dry my remaining tears. After some rest, I drag myself up and begin to pack my belongings into an aluminium suitcase. I don't have much belongings to begin with, therefore, it only takes a short amount of time to pack. 

I sign out of the apartment in the lobby once I finished packing. The apartment manager wasn't able to conceal his smile after I confirm my leaving. Once I completed the necessary paperworks and began departing, I already hear him mutter 'glad he's gone' and something along the lines of 'ruining the apartment's reputation'.

I look up to the illuminating sun once I step out of the apartment complex, reaching out my right hand towards it. A radiating existence that's needed by all, the exact opposite of me.

I worked at an Italian restaurant to pay for my expenses, hence, I need to hand in a resignation letter before leaving the region. After giving in my letter, the relief in my coworkers's faces is clearly expressed. I even overhear the manager suggesting a celebration party. I silently left, pretending to hear nothing. Even as a joke, I'd love to hear them propose a farewell party.

I travel via public bus to the airport, all eyes was on me during the entire trip and no one dared to take the seat beside me. I booked a one way ticket to Sinnoh on my phone during the ride, it's a nearby region therefore the price is cheap and affordable despite booking on the day. Everyone's attention is already on me the moment I step foot in the airport.

"Have you heard? He's that demon boy."

"That's him? We should keep our distance if we don't want to be cursed."

To comfort myself, I continuously repeat the words 'I'm fine' in my head over and over again until making it to counter. The young man behind the counter glares at me as I check in and weigh my luggage. I finally enter once everything was complete and began waiting for the plane by my gate number. I utilise the time I have now to search for a new apartment and job online. It's rather difficult to find a job that matches my school hours and close by to an apartment but I eventually found the perfect one.

A few hours after, the plane finally arrives and I'm one of the last to board. The passenger who supposedly sits next to me willingly pays an extra large sum of money just to change seats hence I have two seats for myself. The flight is only 4 hours and I fell asleep through the entire journey.

Time Skip

Arriving in Sinnoh, I truly hope for a fresh start yet everyone here also keeps their distances from me. It's foolish of me to get my hopes up. I collect my luggage and made my way out to the bus stop which passes by Twinleaf Apartment, my new home. 

I arrive within an hour and immediately verify myself with the manager, a young lady with long blonde hair, who wears a stern expression. She give me my room number, 1127, which is on the 7th floor and warns me to not cause trouble. 

I normally take the stairs to avoid making others uncomfortable by being in the same elevator as me but, since I'm carrying a suitcase, I decide that today's an exception and pray that there's currently no one else waiting to use it. 

To my luck, I'm the only one waiting and I had the elevator to myself. I scan the room numbers as I reach the 7th floor, unlocking the door once I find it.

"Pretty decent..." I mumble to myself after inspecting the quality of furniture and shutting the door behind.

I waste no time unpacking and went to verify my job first. As expected, the manager and workers didn't look pleased to see me at all. My new workplace is at a confectionary called 'Piplup Patisserie' and I'll be working as one of the pastry cooks. This way, it won't affect the customers or the confectionary's reputation as I will only navigate around the kitchen.

The sky's already dark after returning home and all the moving worn me out. I threw myself on the bed and drove off to sleep after getting changed.

End Of Flashback

After recalling everything, I realise today is my first day at Sinnoh High School. I glance at my phone, only fifteen minutes left before school starts! Ack-

Without wasting anymore time, I quickly threw on my white T-Shirt, a black vest with yellow stripes across, blue pants, a black and red hat with a blue semi circle on it. I grab an ordinary backpack, stuffing some stationary in on the way out. Looks like I'll be having cafeteria food today. After racing out of the apartment complex, I follow the map on my phone to locate my new school.

Lucky! I made it on time! All attention shifts on me after entering the school gates. I'd feel like a celeb if not for those glares. I silently made my way inside the school building with my head down, wandering around and struggling to find the principal's office.

All students ignore my plead for help. I'm clearly being avoided and most pupils is keeping at least two meters away from me. Asking for help is already this hard, making friends is really out of the question. 

I'm giving up the idea of seeking for help and start searching alone again, hearing a few unsurprising conversations regarding me on the way.

"Hey, isn't he the cursed child from that place?"

"Yeah! I've seen him on the internet. No doubt about it, that's him."

"Apparently there's a monster inside of him!"

"Aren't we all in danger with him here? What are teachers thinking of, admitting someone like him to this school?!"

Despite always hearing these words, my heart still aches. I choke back some tears and continue searching. Just when I decide to give up, a soft voice came from behind.

"Hey! Boy with the cap over there! Need any help? You're looking pretty lost to me."