Chapter Seventeen - The Three of Us

Ash's POV

Opening my eyes slowly, I search through my memories in attempt to remember my recent activities before blacking out. After a few seconds of thinking, it finally hits me. I promised to meet up with Miss Waterflower and got knocked out by her sudden tackle. I check the time on my mobile phone and it seems that I was only out for fifteen minutes.

I support myself up from the bench and scan the surrounding area to locate Miss Waterflower. Across the field, I catch a glimpse of Miss Waterflower along with a familiar blue-haired girl. I squint my eyes to focus and start walking closer before realising it's Dawn. They sat on the opposite bench, eating ice-cream together and seemed to be getting along quite well.

W-Wow, the world seems to be revolving around them. I inadvertently take a photo with my phone from afar before regaining my senses back after hearing my name being called.

"Ashy!!"

The voice definitely belongs to Miss Waterflower. She begins running up to me while calling my name, followed by Dawn jogging slowly behind her. I'm concerned about being tackled once again but she thankfully stops in front of me this time.

"Ashy! I'm sorry for knocking you out! Forgive me?" She speaks in a childish voice and claps the palm of her hands together.

I nod in response. It's impossible to stay indignant with Miss Waterflower, I think I understand how men are dominated by woman in the modern world.

"Thank you Ashy! You're the best!" Miss Waterflower pulls me into a tight hug, almost choking me. 

During our embrace, I remember Dawn also being here. A sudden desire to push Miss Waterflower away from me forms. I'm still uncertain as to why, but Dawn is the one person that I do not wish to misunderstand between me and Miss Waterflower.

I anxiously glance at Dawn who stood behind Miss Waterflower. Our eyes lock and she smiles gently at me. My heart starts pounding and, despite it only been half a month since we've directly interacted, I realise that I missed her smile greatly. After Miss Waterflower finally releases me, I walk up to Dawn.

It's rather nerve-wrecking as it's been awhile since we've last talked but I truly want to.

"I-It's been awhile, Dawn."

"It sure has! Nice to see that you're finally awake."

Just from hearing her voice, my mind is put at rest. I'm uncertain regarding how I should converse with her after the time we spent apart but, thankfully, it's going much better then I had imagined.

All of a sudden, Miss Waterflower jumps onto my back. She's unexpectedly light for a girl that's slightly taller than me.

"Ashy! Dawny won against me in a match of soccer! Avenge me!!" 

Dawny? I look at Dawn as she twirls her fingers around sheepishly. I wonder why Miss Waterflower enjoys nicknaming others so much. On the other hand, I like the idea of playing against Dawn. I won the last time we had a match during physical education though it was a close one.

"How about it Dawn?" I ask, looking confidently at her. 

"Sounds good to me. I'll get you back for humiliating me last time!" She proclaims.

Miss Waterflower is acting as referee, kicking off the match with a whistle using her fingers.

Misty's POV