Chapter Sixteen - We Could Be Friends

Ash's POV

It's been two weeks since the day I've met Miss Waterflower and also the last time I spoke with Dawn. I approached her several times to start a conversation but she always excused herself before I began talking, almost as if she's avoiding me. Perhaps the reason she became my friend in the first place was due to her duties as my two-week guide. Even if everything was a lie, the time I spent with Dawn was undoubtedly delightful.

On the other hand, the time I'm spending with Miss Waterflower has been increasing day by day. We frequently meet up on weekends to go shopping in town or dining together before ending the day with a mini sports competition since we both enjoy athletics. Miss Waterflower also insisted that we exchange email, becoming my first contact. I'm honestly surprised that she's willing to spend so much time with the 'demon child' openly without caring about rumours.

The time I've spent with Miss Waterflower is likely to be longer than my time with Dawn yet my heart cannot truly open up to her. Miss Waterflower can never replace Dawn, the only one who's able to break through the walls in my heart.

Another school week had finished and it's Saturday morning once again. With no working shifts today, I spent my day lazing in bed. I begin falling asleep again until I receive a notification on my phone. It's from none other than Miss Waterflower.

From: Misty Waterflower
Subject: Date!
Hey Ashy! I don't have any plans for today and wonder if you were the same. If you're free then let's go on a date! ;)

Miss Waterflower continues to refer our hangouts as 'dates'. Does she truly not care about how the public perceives her? Anyone sighted to be spending time with me is already quite a scandal but to announce that we're on a 'date', especially in school, is almost the same as asking to be a laughing stock.

To: Misty Waterflower
Subject: (no subject)
I'm honoured to receive your invitation and gladly accept. I should also remind you once again that it isn't a date but a simple hangout between friends.

Miss Waterflower and her phone is almost inseparable as her replies never take longer than a minute.

From: Misty Waterflower
Subject: IT'S A DATE!
Let's meet at the usual park we play soccer together at. You can decide the time and remember that it's your turn to bring a ball!

Before being able to reply to her mail, I receive a phone call from Miss Waterflower directly.

"Good morning, Miss Waterflower." I answer.

"Like I said, call me Misty!" She sulks, yet the vitality in her voice is clearly conveyed. Miss Waterflower's vibrant personality and unlimited energy are traits that I envy.

I glance at the clock, it's almost midday. I recall reading an article online regarding the length of time each gender takes to prepare before outing and it claimed that females typically require twice the amount of time to prepare compared to males.

"Regarding the meeting time, would it be convenient for you to meet an hour from now?" I suggest.

"Ehh! Ashy, you need that long to prepare?"

Oh, seems like the article was incorrect.

"Of course that's not the case! I thought that females usually require that amount of time." I explain.

"Should I feel offended that you see me no different from the other girls? Unlike others, I don't spend hours to apply some foundation or shave off their eyebrows just to draw it back on!" She pouts.

I slightly chuckle at her choice of words and tone of voice. Miss Waterflower is a person that holds the ability to lighten anyone's mood.

"Ah, my apologies." I whisper, holding back my laughter.

A Broken Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें