Chapter Twenty Five - Alice

Dawn's POV

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Celadon City. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you."

I didn't realise that I had fallen asleep until the announcement woke me up. Sunlight lit up the airport compared to the dim lighting when I first arrived. Without wasting a minute, I begin queueing up to board the plane.

I finally passed through and boarded the plane after thirty minutes. Glancing between my ticket and seat number, I look for my seat.

"19D.... 20E.... 21F.... Aha! 22G!"

I booked a window seat since I enjoy viewing the scenery from above. I slid my backpack underneath my designated seat and quickly sit down to avoid blocking the pathway for others. I cushion my back and cover my lap with the pillow and blanket provided before buckling my seatbelt.

"All set." I mumble to myself.

Before having time to take out my magazine, a timid voice calls out.

"U-Um......"

I glance up towards the source of the voice, finding a gorgeous girl with light blonde hair fading gold at the tips. Insecure but stunning sapphire eyes, somewhat similar to mine.

"I-Is this 2-21F?" She murmurs.

Her voguish appearance contrasts with her personality greatly. Is this what you call a gap moe?

"Sure is! I'm Dawn Berlitz, nice to meet ya!"

She fidgets her fingers, face flushed red, before responding to my greeting.

"N-Nice to me-meet y-" Before being able to finish her sentence, a heavily built man shoves past, causing her to lose balance and falling over.

"OUTTA THE WAY, PIPSQUEAKS!" He roars while advancing.

I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt to help the girl up.

"Th-Thank you.." She whispers.

She look into my eyes for the first time, though only lasting  a few seconds. She softly remove my hands away and apologise frantically. This girl slightly reminds me of Ash.

"No need to worry!" I flash my signature smile at her and began eyeing the brawny man that shoved her, seated three rows behind.

"He could've at least apologised, what an ill-mannered person." I mutter. 

Noticing he turned around, I take this chance to stick my tongue out and pull down my left lower eyelid. The girl beside me begins giggling and I give her a playful smile.

"You're an intriguing person if I must say." She smiles. Seems like she was able to get over her stuttering.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I respond before buckling up my seatbelt once again.

She places her mini suitcase underneath her seat before sitting down.

"Hey, thanks to a certain someone I wasn't quite able to get your name. Not mentioning any names." I state, peering over at the muscular man.

She chuckles before answering me. "I'm Alice. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Alice speaks in an extremely formal manner, almost as if she's in a job interview.

May's POV

The nights which I find difficult to fall asleep are increasing. During the days which I cannot sleep, I usually phone Dawn and we'd talk until I'm tired. Tonight however...

Beep. Beep. Beep.
The number you have dialled is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after heari-

Despite the number of times I called her throughout the day, it always sends me to the voicemail. Before today, Dawn had always picked up wherever and whenever yet now...

No! I must be overthinking. Misty's theory of Dawn journeying to rescue Ash is unproven and unrealistic. 

After spending more time debating with myself of whether the possibility that Misty's deduction is true, I eventually gave up. I drop my face onto the pillow and tightly grab it from underneath with both of my hands.

"Dammit all. Just where are you Dawn?"

Dawn's POV

"Me too! It's also my favourite scene! I cried all night after watching the ending to that series. If only they had another season." I reply.

After conversing with Alice, I found that we had quite a lot of interests in common. Be it TV programmes, authors, music and even anime! It's almost been two hours but we still have yet to run out of topics to chat about.

"We really do have a lot in common. Say, let's exchange numbers! I'm sure we'll be great friends!" I suggest. 

She slightly hesitates but eventually agrees to.

"Thank you Alice!" I pull her into a hug and notice her ears turning crimson red.

"Is there anything wrong?" I ask after releasing her.

"I-It's embarrassing s-since I've never had any female friends in my hometown and..." Alice glances at me before concealing her flustered face using both hands.

I shrug it off and continue our conversation from where we left off. It's pleasant spending time with Alice but she just doesn't understand me like May does at times. I really should've properly talked with May before leaving. If we cannot meet again then this might be a regret that I'll take with me to the grave.