Chapter Twenty Three - Rocket Research

Dawn's POV

Aside from running three laps on the track at the beginning, most activities consisted of arduous activities requiring my hands. I breathed a sign of relief as Mr Elm blew his whistle twice, signalling the end of the lesson.

Changing back to my usual outfit proved difficulty as my left hand hardly has enough strength for me to pick up my clothing.

I decide to rest and left to the bathroom, only to hear footsteps following me once I reach the corridors. I don't need to turn around for me to know who it is.

I continue walking without paying attention to her but the silence emits an uncomfortable atmosphere. She stops whenever I did and I eventually turned around to face her.

"Let's go to the infirmary." She plainly suggests.

"I'm honestly fine, May." I specially vocalised 'fine' loudly by pure reflex.

I partly refused to avoid my wound being exposed to Nurse Joy, however, another reason being the fact that I don't want to be reminded of the time I hid myself inside. The time where my jealousy towards Misty and anger for May got the better of me, I want to bury those ugly feelings forever.

"Please... What if the burn scars you forever?" She pleads.

"I'm truly grateful of your concern but I have my reasons to not go. There's plenty of things I need to-

"Enough! I don't care about you anymore!" She storms back to class without looking back.

We just reconciled yet arguing again, however, our dispute this time is completely my fault. May... I promise not to go beyond my limits, that's why, believe in me a bit.

Time Skip

Instead of meeting up with May and Misty after school, I headed to the library.

I stroll through the bookshelves, scanning through all the titles. A book titled 'Transgress Unions' caught my eye. I open it and scan through the index, it contains the names of almost all villainous groups in society today.

"This association..." I mumble, recognising a somewhat familiar logo.

Ah! This 'R' was embedded on Jessie and James' uniform! I quickly locate its page and the Team Rocket Trio, often abbreviated as TRio, is first introduced. An unclear photo of the three is included and without a doubt, I recognise that it's Jessie and James along with a.... standing cat?

"Team Rocket....." I mutter unconsciously. I lick my thumb before flicking to the next few pages. 

From the information I gathered in the book, Team Rocket is a villainous team in pursuit of evil that's been wanted for many decades. They primarily focus on stealing and capturing  rare valuables, subsequently selling them afterwards and using the money to fund for conducts of cruel experimental research on living creatures. Their oath, always written behind after thieving, is "steal belongings for profit". Their ultimate goal is said to be taking over the world using the results of their experiments.

Despite not being able to absorb all the information in properly, I continue reading through the pages until I reach the final paragraph. According to my findings, there's a rumoured underground academy for aspiring Team Rocket operatives present in the country and the organisation's HQs is near an unknown area called 'Viridian City'.

I shut the book, realising that it's already sunset, and decide to continue thoroughly analysing the rest at home. I take the book along with me to the librarian who sat behind the counter.

"Good evening, may I take this book out?"

She takes the book and scans the barcode at the back cover.

"Name?" She asks.

"Dawn Berlitz." I answer.

She begins typing on the desktop computer before stamping the book on the first page and handing it back to me.

"Please remember to return it within two weeks." She reminds me.

I nod and hurriedly made my way home.

May's POV

I lay on my bed, burying my head into the pillow tightly. I recall the events of today, remembering that I've bursted out words I don't truly mean to Dawn once again.

"Argh! Why does my mouth never cooperates with me!" I cursed myself, ruffling my hair violently.

I close my eyes and envision Dawn in front of me.

"Even without you, I'm perfectly fine. No need to worry, May!" Dawn smiles and starts walking away.

I abruptly open my eyes, consoling myself that it's just a figment of my imagination.

"Dawn...."

Misty's POV

"Seneca Laboratory..... Things are heating up." I mutter to myself, scrolling through files on my laptop and reading the classified documents.