Chapter Twenty Eight - The Air-headed Princess

Ash's POV

I continue pretending to be unconscious but a sudden electrical current ran across my body, forcing me to awaken. I feel the darkness within me is beginning to spread and take over my body and mind completely. All my surroundings begin turning red; everything is stained with the colour of blood.

I realise my hands and legs is locked with metal wrist cuffs and there's no longer anyone else in this room. My head is spinning as I notice a bird within an unlocked cage is placed directly in front of me.

It's wings are spreading.....It's starting to fly out....

I break free of my metal cuffs with pure strength and lunge towards it.

"Everything. Must. Be. Exterminated...Everyone. Must. Be. Exterminated..."

Dawn's POV

"Who are you?"

A brief moment of silence pass before she answers me.

"Please forgive me for not introducing myself earlier. I am Princess Salvia, though I'd prefer if you just address me as Salvia." She replies with a smile that somewhat irritates me.

"Wher-" Before being able to ask a second question, she interrupts me.

"Let's leave the rest of our conversation for after the meal. The food prepared will get cold."

I stand up abruptly, slamming both of my hands on the table.

"You really think I'll eat this? It could be poisoned for all I know. Just answer my questions, where the heck am I?" I sternly interrogate.

The maids begin approaching me but Salvia stops them and places her utensils down.

"You're at my palace." She smiles innocently.

"Yeah, I gathered that." I sarcastically retort.

"Great, now let's begin our meal now. I promise that it's not poisoned." She beams.

This stupid air-headed princess is really testing my patience. The only thing alike about us is truly our appearance after all.

"Is your brain on vacation or something? If not, is sarcasm not in the royal dictionary? Why am I here in the first place anyways?"

"What's... sa-kasm? And you're here because I requested my maids to bring you to my palace." She responds.

My eyebrows twitch and I shut my eyes tightly as I feel a headache beginning to form. Is this girl for serious or is she just toying with me? There's a limit to how dense someone can be.

I take a deep breath, unwilling to back off.

"Let me rephrase my question as you seem to be unable to properly comprehend such simple questions of mine; why did you request me to your palace?" The irritation in my voice is becoming more apparent, I'm certainly almost out of patience.

"Because I wanted to meet you!" She smiles.

And that's the last straw, my limit has reached, or went past, max.

"Are you playing around with me or do you seriously lack the intelligence to even properly answer a person's question? Does royalty only teach about etiquette and leave their brains to rot? Just answer my questions seriously!" I rage.

Despite her status, I just can't withstand it anymore. She's driving me nuts, more so than anyone by far.

"But I am answering you sincerely?" She replies with a confused expression.

"....."

I fall back on my chair and begin eating without saying another word. I'd rather be poisoned and taken to the hospital than continue with this pointless cycle of conversation with her.

After finishing the meal, all the maids left the room once they collected the plates. I offer to help but they firmly refused as Salvia apparently wants to have a chat with me... If that's even possible. During the meal, neither of us spoke a word, though we often made awkward eye contact.

In the end, I decide to break the silence first since she's not only an airhead but also lacks communication skills too.

"So? Are you just going to sit there and say nothing? Those maids of yours said that you wanted a chat with me."

Still complete silence.

"If you're not going to say anything then I'm leaving. I've got an important errand to make and you've already wasted enough of my time."

"Please wait! My sincerest apologies for my discourteous actions towards you but I truly do need your assistance!"

"...My assistance?" I repeat.

Misty's POV

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Who's making such a racket this early in the morning? The sun is barely risen! And why doesn't this apartment complex install doorbells?

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Can't they wait even a second? I slowly walk up to the door and open it.

"I'm here, I'm here. You'll break down my door at this rate. Who is- May?"

I swallow my surprise as I inspect her attire. She's wearing a different set of clothes than usual and a much larger backpack is on her shoulders compared to the one she brings to school.

"Let's go to where Dawn is!"