~Chapter fifteen~

Most of the family had woken up.

"What's happened?"

"He went to the bathroom, knocked a glass over, and started cutting at his fucking wrists again," Brody mumbled, getting his phone, his parents went to go into his room, but Brody stopped them. "Let him calm down, we'll handle it, it's okay." He reassured them but his parents stayed awake, going downstairs. They weren't going to sleep now.

"Isaac will be here in 10 can you let him in please?" Brody asked Susan.

"Of course, let me go and make tea too. You look like you need it. How is Adeline?" She asked, shaken up herself.

"I think she's okay, she's on the floor with him." Brody replied peering into the room behind him. Susan made her way downstairs tentatively and Robert went to check on their other children, who had both awoken and were standing close to bathroom, hearing Rylan screaming. Brody went back into the bathroom.

"Rylan, Isaac's on his way." Brody crouched next to him. "Do you need an injection?"

He screamed out in pain, sobbing into Adeline's shoulder. He flinched at his own sounds, uncomfortable with himself. His breathing unsteady.

"Rylan you need to tell me..." Brody repeated. He looked tired. He placed a hand on Adeline's shoulder to comfort her. He knew how hard this must have been to see.

"I'm okay" He managed to cry out. "I'm sorry." He repeated, gasping for breath. He sat up from their embrace and put his head back on the cabinet, shaking with fear and trauma.

"I'm here." Adeline whisper, wiping his wrists clean and holding his hands, she composed herself inside, not wanting him to see her discomfort, she knew she needed to be there for him.

A few short moments later Dr. Isaac was there with them along with Taylor and Ryan who let Brody go and put some clothes on.

Isaac walked into the bathroom and nodded, assessing the situation, he put gloves on.

"Hi Adeline, I'm Isaac. I'm going to help you out here." He paused stepping behind Adeline's back. "Are you comfortable staying there with him?" He checked quickly, she nodded, pushing away her own pain. "Okay good, Rylan... We gotta get you patched up mate. Calm down."

"I need help." Rylan stated, fighting to stay sane.

"It's okay Rylan, I've come to look after you." He crouched down onto his knees and prodded at each wrist, checking there was no glass in either of them and nodded again. He moved some glass away from Adeline on the floor.

"Right, what we're going to do, is get you in the shower and clean you off with some water and soap, and then I'll bandage your wrists okay? So that they don't get infected." He explained.

"Do you want help?" Taylor asked, Rylan looked confused for a moment and then looked up at Adeline. He looked around the room, overwhelmed.

"I'll help you if you want me." She told him and he looked down again still struggling to breath.

"It's okay, buddy. You've just hurt yourself a little bit, you'll be healed in a few days." The doctor paused, "Let's get the bathroom floor clean first, and then we can help you in the shower." He led Rylan out of the bathroom, and they sat him on the bed. His expression was blank and dissociated.

They spent a few moments cleaning the glass from the floor and wiping the door, handles and floors. It smeared as they washed the floors, smudging into clumps. Taylor helped clear the bathroom, and Isaac took a quick look over Adeline's legs which had been pierced with glass.

"We'll get Rylan sorted and I'll have a proper look, just give them a wipe down for me." He said to Adeline who was a mess of shock in the bleach smelling bathroom. It pierced everyone's noses.

Isaac returned to Rylan's bed, where Brody was now watching him "Right, pop in the shower then, and then come downstairs and we'll patch you up." He told him before walking out of the room. Brody and Taylor finished cleaning it up and then Rylan walked numbly into the shower, trying to turn it on.

"Slow down, let me turn it on first. " She reached in front of him, touching his shoulder lightly but he pulled away from her touch. She felt slightly hurt but didn't take it to heart. He still looked very vacant. He stepped into the shower and stood underneath it, his boxers were soaked in the thick red liquid and most of the residue washed off from the waterfall. Adeline passed him a clean flannel and helped him to wash off the blood, his wrists were stinging from the soap. Taylor and Ryan stood by the door taking no chances, ready to take over if anything happened.

"Take off the boxers, mate" Taylor stepped forward, offering to take over. Adeline nodded and took herself to the sink, washing her hands. She took a deep breath.

Taylor helped him finish off.

"Adeline come and shower in our room sweetie." Susan called from outside the room. "Let's get you cleaned up too." She held out a hand at the door and Adeline took another glance at her broken man, before leaving the room and following his mum to their bathroom. His father was still with Jess and Tyler, so the bedroom was empty. It was only down the hall so they must have heard him screaming.

"Here, there's fresh towels and I've gotten some of jess's old pyjamas. If they don't fit give me a shout. Oh, sweetie I hope you're okay." She pulled her into a hug. "Go and get yourself clean."

Adeline savoured her shower, plunging her head into the running water and crying. She needed to let her emotions out before she saw Rylan again. That was a lot to handle. She knew he needed her, and she couldn't be the weak one.

After showering and getting dressed, she made her way downstairs. She thought about going back into the bedroom, but she couldn't bring herself to face it. Pulling her hair up into a messy wet bun, she paced down the stairs. Susan, Jessica and Mia all sat downstairs softly talking to themselves.

"There's tea in the pot, I hope you're okay." Jessica spotted her.

"Is he upstairs?" Adeline walked towards the kitchen still shaken up. "Thankyou." She poured herself a tea.

"Yes sweetie." Susan nodded. "It's been a difficult night, especially for you both two." She nodded. They sat together and tried to distract themselves. Adeline had a comforting cuddle with Rylan's mum until the sun began to rise.

Brody came down the stairs, still half asleep. "He's asking for you Adeline."

"Is Dr. Isaac not taking him to the hospital?" His mother asked, looking shocked.

"He thinks he'd be best at home." Brody shrugged. "He's half asleep Adeline I think he just wants to make sure you're okay. Dr. Isaac is sitting with him, we're going to have to get some patrol in his room for a few days, and then evaluate from there..." He paused. "Are you going up?"

"Do I have to?" Adeline asked, with a heavy heart, Susan gave her hug and kissed her forehead, giving her some mother's love.

"He wants to know you're okay. He didn't want to put you through that." Brody reassured her. "You won't be alone with him, I promise." She nodded reluctantly, getting herself up from the warmth of his mum.

They walked up the stairs and turned into their room, the metallic smell of blood overwhelming their scents. Rylan had been layed down in bed, his wrists were bandaged up and he looked so innocent. His eyes teared up at the sight of his mate, who was trembling with fear as she walked in the room. She understood why this had happened, but it didn't make it any easier to look at him so weak.

"I'm sorry I put you through that." He whispered, still sounding helpless. He looked tired.

"We're going to try and get him back to sleep," Brody told her. "He's not in shock, but he's in a state where he's sort of still dreamy... He should be alright." He explained.

"Okay." He nodded.

"Rylan you lay down and go back to sleep, I'm going to talk to Adeline, she'll be back upstairs in a minute," Isaac told him and he settled slowly. What a night.