~Chapter eighteen~

After some introductions to the rest of Rylan's family, the parents all went for a nice walk, taking a tour of the pack lands as they hadn't had much time to earlier. Mia and Adeline had started prepping for dinner, allowing Rylan to get some more rest.

They were going to go out for dinner, but they'd forgotten about the family dinner tonight.

Everyone returned from their walk, they all came in slowly, the twins running into the lounge first as soon as their shoes were on.

"Hi, sweetie." Adeline's mum and dad came into the room too.

She smiled.

"Did he say why?"

"Hi, sweetie." Susan came into the kitchen and tutted at her, "You shouldn't have started on dinner. I could have done this." She told her, gesturing to the food already chopped up and ready to be cooked.

"Oh, it's okay." She said quietly. Mia smiled.

"She always used to help at home..." Her dad spoke out and she nodded.

Rylan appeared at the archways of the living room, which was open plan to the kitchen, making sure she was okay. He leant against the wall, making sure his wrists were well covered.

Tyler and Mia walked in too, taking the twins upstairs to have a nap before dinner.

"Mum, can you manage down here?" Rylan asked after a few minutes of watching them all talk.

"Yeah, of course, darling." She said looking over.

"Beautiful, come here." He said quietly and the adults smiled, they walked up the stairs together, and as soon as they were in Rylan's room, he eloped her in a close embrace.

"Are you okay?" He asked and she didn't reply, she hugged him tighter.

"It's okay... You can cry." He told her but she looked up at him, clearly not crying.

"I'm not crying, I'm just tired and... Ugh." She put her head back on his chest.

They stayed cuddling for a while and chilled out downstairs with Adeline's parents.

The twins came back downstairs, and they all ate soundly, thanking Susan and Adeline's mum for cooking it.

"And thank you to Adeline and Mia for starting to prepare everything before we even got back!" Susan said and everyone smiled.

The plates were cleaned up, and everyone was going to sit in the living room, but Taylor suggested taking the boys into the pool. "Shall we go for a swim?"

"Anyone else wants to come?" Tyler asked picking up both of the boys to go and get them changed. Marcus kicked his legs, giggling already. Andrew looked slightly less excited.

"Want to go for a swim?" Rylan asked Adeline and she nodded nervously.

"Yeah, we'll come out," Rylan said nodding.

"Can we bring Issy in the pool!?" Jessica asked excitedly. Robert laughed, nodding as he looked at the baby monitor.

"Let's get ready and get in, we'll all walk down the garden together," Tyler said going up the stairs.

Rylan and Adeline went up behind him and they got changed, Rylan put on swimming trunks in the bathroom and Adeline put on a bikini. He kept his shirt on.

When Rylan came back into the room, she was putting on a dark robe, he saw a glimpse of her bikini which was black and white.

"Ready?" He asked, and she nodded. She made him put a towel around him, so he didn't get cold.