~Chapter thirty-one~

"Adeline." Isaac woke her up, she'd fallen asleep again.

"Hmm?" She opened her eyes and sat up, her hand still loosely in Rylan's.

"It's been a few hours, most of the blood we're transfusing back has already transferred over, he's doing well," Isaac told her and she smiled, nodding.

He was still sleeping.

"You were asleep, but he got quite critical last night, I didn't want to worry you. his heartbeat was going down, but we gave him a shot of insulin just to keep his blood sugars and glucose levels up." He told him.

"Was he okay?" She asked quickly and he nodded.

"We monitored him for a while, but he was fine... He should be okay to go back home in a few hours, but he's going to need to sleep and rest until he feels less faint. it might take a few days but knowing his wolf he'll be fine overnight."

"You might not have to postpone the ceremony, see what he wants to do when he wakes up... I'm sure he'll still have his persistent opinion." Isaac smiled and Adeline nodded, smiling to herself.

"Thank you." She said. "I can't believe that worked."

"I'll thank Patrick for you too, he's going to stay a few days to get to know the pack a little better, I think Jonathan might visit too... I thought it might be helpful for Rylan..."

"That's an amazing idea." She nodded. "I think he'd like that."

"I'll leave you be if he wakes up, comes and get me and I'll explain everything to him... I'll help you get him home and up the stairs too!"

"Thank you, Isaac." She said smiling.

Nearly another hour later, at about 4 in the afternoon he started to wake up. Adeline had rang a

people to check up on the situations, but all seemed well.

"Hi, gorgeous," Adeline said smiling. She leaned forward and kissed his forward.

"I'm...gorgeous? Am I?" he said slowly, he smirked, he felt so strange, like a demon had been lifted off his shoulder. It was bittersweet, he had lost a third of himself that he had learnt to deal with for so long.

"Very," Adeline told him and he smiled, still feeling weak.

"I feel weird." He admitted, "Little dizzy." His words were slurred and fuzzy.

"Don't move around too much." She laughed.

"I need to pee." He admitted and she smiled, "I want to sit up."

"Slow down, wait a minute." She let go of his hand and got Isaac, who came in straight away.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, clipboard in hand.

"Ehhh." He span his head round, drugged up.

"He's gone?" Isaac checked and Rylan nodded.

"It feels strange."

"It will do, Rylan. You won't remember a life without him, it's alright to take your time."

"I need to pee." He said again, looking up at the ceiling and trying to look around before putting his head back to the side, feeling dizzy.

"You're not going to be able to get up yet, Buddy... Give yourself time."

"Can I sit up?" He asked. Isaac sighed, he always lost the battle with Rylan's will. He pressed the button on the bed to raise him up a bit.

Rylan sat up, talking, and relaxing for a little while before Isaac decided he could try to walk to the bathroom.

"Right, swing your legs to the side of the bed," Isaac said. "Take your time, you don't need to rush."