~Chapter twenty-one~

Adeline, Taylor, Brody, and Rylan's mum stayed at home and gave him some space. Mia sat on the floor with the twins, reading them a book.

"There you go." Rylan's father dropped the hard drive onto Adeline's lap, walking away quickly.

"Geez," Adeline mumbled, tucking the memory stick gently into her pocket.

"I'm sorry Adeline. He's just... I don't know." Rylan's mum sighed, watching the kids.

The front door opened, and Rylan came back into the house, looking much calmer.

He walked past his father, not even looking at him and straight to his family. He stood behind the sofa, leaning his hands either side of Adeline's shoulders.

"You okay?" She asked and he nodded. He leaned down and kissed her cheek, the room stayed quiet.

"Here." She got the hard drive and passed it to him, he nodded.

"Thank you."

He walked into the kitchen and went into the fridge, closing it without taking anything.

"Brody, have we moved the plasma packs?" He asked and Brody nodded.

"They're in their fridge in the cupboard next to the oven. You've got the key on your keys already..." He told him and Rylan looked in that cupboard. He unlocked the fridge and looked through the packs of blood that were in there. "Didn't want blood stored next to the food."

"There should still be 3 or 4 from the deer Odion got the other day," Brody told him and Rylan nodded, taking one and locking the fridge.

He stood in the kitchen and undid the top of the packet.

"I'm confused." She walked over to him and he was drinking from the cap at the top. He swallowed and took a breath. Lucius was fronting.

"It's a blood pack, we call them plasma packs." He told her and she frowned. His voice was raspier, but he appeared under control.

"Do you like... Harvest whatever Odion catches?" She asked and he nodded.

"I have to be careful when I feed off of anything, he bites at one point, drinks for however long he wants and then we have a team to go back to the kill and create plasma packs from the rest of the blood for me." He explains, taking another drink, his mouth is dark, and his teeth look slightly pink when he takes a breath. He licks his lips. Lucius is not as intimidating as he seems.

She smiled and looked back at the twins.

Rylan pushed Lucius back, taking control over his human form. "Come upstairs with me, I want to sort this out." He said referring to the files and she nodded, following him up to their room. Adeline spotted Lucius's fangs still out, unsure who was in control.

He gets his laptop and plugs in the memory stick, putting the cap on his plasma pack for now, and placing it on his side table.

"Lucius? Rylan?" Who am I talking too?" She asked, still confused how he has three forms.

He licks the front of his mouth and his lips, making sure he doesn't look like he's been drinking too much, he didn't want to freak Adeline out. "Rylan, but he keeps switching, he won't hurt you, he's basically me." She still looked confused but nodded.

"This memory stick has about 200GB of data, previous files, and pack information... Luckily, I've looked through the way that my father had organized it beforehand and I don't mind it, it makes sense, we don't need to change too much before the ceremony. But there are some things I'd like to adjust with your opinion." He explains.