~Chapter thirty-eight~

Adeline woke up the morning after. She stretched out to find an empty bed, and a note lying beside her, the sheets felt sweaty from the night before, they needed to be washed already and they had only move in yesterday. She suspected there would be more of this over the next few days, and chuckled to herself at the thought.

"Beautiful,

I'm downstairs in the office. The boys are over and we're sorting out the case. You're very welcome to come and join us when you wake up, please wear clothes. There's breakfast in the fridge for you.

Hope you're not too tired ;)

Love, Ry."

She smiled, sitting up and taking her time to get up. She showered, refreshing herself up.

She shuffled her way down the stairs and followed the voices, coming to from their study. She knocked lightly on the door and Rylan called from inside, telling her to come in.

She poked her head around the door. "Hi."

"Hey," Rylan mumbled, smiling instantly. "Sleep well?" He asked, smirking a little.

She nodded, smiling.

"Oh, come on. We all know you had sex last night...." Brody said laughing and the boys chuckled slightly.

"And?" Rylan asked, beckoning Adeline over. She walked through the office and sat on one of his thighs as he sat at the desk.

"You both look happy. That's all." Brody told them looking up.

"Congratulations." Taylor said, raising his glass of water. They had celebrated last night with many drinks and a few of them were hungover.

"We are happy." He looked up at Adeline and kissed her cheek before turning back to the mission at hand.

"Right. Let's sort this out." He said seriously.

"What have you found so far?" She asked.

"Three more people have been captured. They were pack members, Tyson gave us names." He said and Adeline looked surprised.

"Everything we've found so far suggests that he was just doing this for power. He thought he could create an army of hybrids.. An army fit to take down packs..." Rylan explained.

"That's weird."

"We found plans that were drawn up by one of the people we arrested this morning. They were drawing new designs for the packhouse and cells... They thought they could defeat us first."

"But there are smaller packs that he could've gone for first, right?" Adeline asked.

"Yes. But he knew that we were curious and onto him... He knew I was here, and probably thought I would be weak... He also had your sister." Rylan sighed... she gathered he was hiding something from her.

"How's Sophia?" She asked anxiously.

"Dr. Isaac has been taking care of her. He learned what not to do with me, but it's a little different. She's okay. He's done all the blood tests he needed to do, and he made her do a pregnancy test, just in case."

"So, she had been... You know."

"Yes. She told Isaac. She's improved quite a lot already, she's doing good but there's a long way to go." He told her and she nodded. "She's been treated as a pet, so she's had less torture but more dragged out pain."

"Were the blood tests and everything okay?" She asked.

"Mostly, we know she's extremely underweight and doesn't have many nutrients to live on, but the pregnancy test was negative, and she's eaten a little... just have to take baby steps."

"Thank you." She whispered and he smiled.

"We'll go and visit her later. We don't want to keep disturbing her too much for the first few days." He told her and she nodded.

"I've also taken my dad into the interrogation rooms." Rylan announced.

"I'm not surprised. Have you interrogated him yet?" She asked.

"Not yet, that's for another day, I think. But I want to keep him in custody. My mums not happy, but he put the whole pack in danger. I've disabled his mind-links so he can't threaten anyone, and he's being looked after but, we'll see. I know all of this isn't sorted, but we've stopped a massive operation from happening, and captured the people we need. I'm happy with the result."

"Me and the boys were going to go out for lunch, there's a football game on. You're welcome to come but my mum invited you over, your mum there's and Brody's mate. They're having a girly day." He told her.

"I'll go with the girls, thanks." She said confidently and he kissed her nose.

"Boys, meet me there. I won't be too long." He told them and they all oiled out of the office.

"I need to shower." He told her, lifting her from his lap and putting her over his shoulder, slapping her behind playfully and running up the stairs.

He placed her down in the bathroom and took off his shirt.

"Turn around." He told her, making her face the mirror.

She gasped, instantly smiling.

"You'd forgotten about this? Hmm?" He asked, referring to her fully formed mark. Rylan's was similar.

"It's amazing, Ry." She couldn't stop staring at it.

Once they were both ready, they parted ways and went to do their own thing. Adeline spent the day with the girls watching movies and gossiping over anything they could think of. Rylan spent the day at the local pub, having lunch and watching both matches of football that we're playing that day.

They all eventually left the pub and made their way back to the playing field, grabbing a football and playing a few games together. It was nice for them to spend the time together.

The girls all came outside and watched them.

Rylan came over and took his phone out of his pocket, taking off his shirt and running back over to the boys. He was trying to be confident, but you could see the fear in his eyes.

He ran back to the boys and carried on playing football.

His phone rang.

"Ry," Adeline shouted checking the screen, it was Isaac.

"Answer it, baby. Wait." He called back, he'd just gotten the ball.

"Hi." She picked up the phone.

"Hello. You're not Rylan." Isaac said cheerfully.

"No, I'm not." She laughed. "He's playing football, anything I can help with?"

"Could I talk to him? He never came to see me yesterday, I have a guest for him." He explained.

"He's coming over, wait a minute, Isaac." She told him. Rylan bent down and kissed Adeline confidently for a few seconds before pulling away and taking the phone.

"What's up buddy?" He asked, smiling at Adeline.

"Jonathan is here if you would like to come and say goodbye, he's leaving in a few hours." Isaac spoke.

"I'd like that, thank you. I'll have to have a shower, but I'll bring Adeline. We'll come. Thank you, Isaac... I appreciate this." He said crouching down.

"You're welcome. See you soon." He hung up.

"Do you mind going with me to go and see Jonathan? He asked and she shook her head.

"Of course not." She smiled, leaning up and kissing her cheek.

"I love you so much. You have no idea how happy I am... "

"I love you too." She told him, hugging him and making him fall backward onto the ground. They both landed with laughter, Rylan instantly kissing her again softly.

"Get a room" Brody shouted from the field, all of the boys cheered and clapped, making a big deal of the scene.

And for once...

Everything was settled for now.