six

"So what do you want to do?" Louis asked me as I he skimmed papers. I was sitting across from him with my legs crossed and a pink pen in my hand. Carelessly doodling, I debated an answer for his question.

"What you mean?" I asked, wiping my dress off with crumbs from the croutons of my salad that I was eating earlier. 

"Uh, this weekend," I could see his face was as red as the paper marks he wrote on students' works, "I'm free -was wondering if you'll like to go on a date, you know?" He wore a hopeful mask on his face, but I was skeptical about the whole deal. A date? In public? He'll go to jail, and no, that's not, that's not happening. Not when we were beginning something. To me, at least.

"Louis, I -uh," I bit my lip and he saw my facial expression, deflating, "I can't. We can't. You'll be in big trouble and I don't want that to happen, especially in public." But then he smiled.

"No, no- my house." He grabbed my free hand and caressed.

"Isn't-"

"Yes, well William and I's house. He won't be there though," he said, "he has a long interview for another job." I kind of got sad.

"Wait, what?"

"He's looking for another job. Teenagers aren't his cup of tea anymore. Or never were," Louis said hastily, trying to not even talk about his brother. In honest thought, I liked William. Even though he was strict and little more mean to me, I thought he was a good person deeply inside. Especially from his confusing warning the other day.

"That sucks," I frowned. Next, Louis let my hand go and I looked up to find him angry.

"Why are you so worried about my brother?" Louis' shoulders tensed and voice raised.

"What? I can't be worried?" I questioned, softly, my eyes watering a bit because this was the first time  -the very first time raised his voice at me. I didn't like it. Not at all. I needed softspoken Louis right now. 

"Well, I'm telling you about our date, and as soon as I bring William up, you get all sad," Louis crossed his arms. What a meanie. I didn't want to be conceited or cocky or the bad things right now, but Louis was jealous. I liked it a bit, but he was scaring me.

"I'm just, he's my teacher, I'm supposed to have an ounce of sadness."

"Whatever," Louis said, going back to his papers. He held a straight face as if he wasn;t asking me out and laughing. How could he be like that?

"That's it?" I asked, knowing the answer. My eyes burned, but I was sensitive like that. I always have. Maybe my sensitivity were meant for moments like these; full of misconception and blueness.

He stood quietly. Not saying a word. I realized that he was on the same boat: sensitive too.

I stood up, chair screeching. I was angry that he was so.. so.. I don't know, he jumped to conclusions. I dislike it. A tear slipped out as I slipped my arms trough my backpack, and held my yellow lunchbox in my hands.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, "I'm sorry that I can't just give all of my emotions to you."

"Just leave," Louis said after the quietness he threw in the air.  He's so mean. My hear hurt, and maybe he even didn't know it. What a clueless bird he was.

With that, I left the room, and ended up in the restroom. I shut the door to a stall and cried and cried. I hated being sensitive to every single little thing. I hated it.

I sobbed and thinking I was lucky no one was in here to see me be pathetic and small. But it didn't last long. Someone came in and started washing their hands, the water running disruptively. My sobbing stopped but my sniffling would not shut up. I would always pray that after I cried, that I would have the gift of not heavily sniffling. But it was an impossible human thing to stop.

"Who's in there?"

With that voice, I recognized it to be William. After a long silence, he said quietly, "Harry." I still was quiet. My sniffling began to quiet down.

"Open the door," he said, now he was right in front of the stall. I didn't want to argue with him, and so I did. As soon as I did, he engulfed me into him arms. I was shocked, so I gasped. He held me for a about minute and didn't say anything. Just hugged me and I was still surprised.

I looked up at him, and I knew my face was red and blotchy but I couldn't help it.

William told me quietly, intensely, "I told you to be careful." That was when he had a small smile. I smiled wetly too.

"That's what you meant," I said in realization.

"What did he do?" William inquired. This time, was the second my heart stopped today because: William was not wiping my wet trails of tears with both of his hands. I felt happy thta he comforted, but I felt mean and rude that I betrayed Louis for letting William clean me. Louis was the one who caused this.

"He -he just was mean. Got mad that I paid attention to you leaving your job."

"It is what it is," he said as it has left his mouth many times.