Chapter 1

Author's Note (May 19, 2020): I am going to be slowly reworking this book throughout time. I'll be fixing grammar, spelling, plot wholes, etc... The whole the nine. So for re-readers who might be confused at a certain change, you aren't crazy if you remember a certain scene differently from what it was written. It is more than likely that I changed it.

Anyway, for the new readers, I promise that it gets better the longer you read. There are fewer cringe-worthy mistakes in the later chapters and book 2 will have fewer mistakes.

-----

Stiles has been working at Rousseau's bar part-time alongside his cousin Cami for a few months. He walks in 10 minutes passed, checks in, puts his apron on, and gives his cousin a quick kiss to her forehead.

"You know if you got a watch or checked your phone from time to time then maybe you wouldn't always be running late," She comments with a mischievous smile as she wipes down the counters.

"Yes, well I was never one to be punctual, so why start now? It seems you had things under control, so I don't see the problem," Stiles replies with a shrug while he starts to bring out cups to fill.

"I don't know what I am going to do with you," She teases with a light chuckle, and swats him with her towel before going to serve other customers.

"Me neither," Stiles whispers. He turns his head and sees an extremely good-looking guy come in and sit at the bar.

"What brings you to the big easy?" Stiles asks with his perfected employee smile. The man simply states his drink and Stiles pours him a glass.

"I used to live here," The stranger answerswith a charming smile after taking a sip. Stiles felt something off about him. He didn't feel in danger... yet.

"Really? When?" Stiles asks curiously as he pushes aside his feeling.

"Oh, feels like a hundred years ago," The stranger scoffs but the way he says it makes Stiles think there is more truth to it.

"I just moved here myself with my cousin. What brought you back?"  Stiles questions as he tries to keep the conversation going. His genetic detective skills were coming out to play.

"Well, my brother is here somewhere? I am afraid he might have gotten himself into a bit of a bind," He vaguely explains which only intrigues Stiles more. If he couldn't get this one maybe his brother is just as good-looking and up for the taking.

"You say that like it is a common occurrence," Stiles comments with a raised eyebrow. He didn't want to push too hard, so he just starts drying the wet cups with a towel.

"Well, he's complicated-- defiant, ill-mannered, and a little temperamental." He starts stating off his brother's qualities and then goes to take another sip of his drink. Stiles' interest was growing word by word.

"See, we don't share the same father. Of course, that never bothered me, but my brother resents it deeply, never felt like he belonged. All told, he has a long history of getting himself into trouble."

"And I am guessing you have a long history of getting him out of it," Stiles chuckles before continuing, "The qualities you described kinda feels like you are describing me. The one thing I have learned is only to trust those who have been by your side. You can trust new people but be cautious. Mankind has a way of stabbing each other in the back. Just because they seem friendly doesn't mean they are," Stiles spoke out his opinion and it was the man's turn to look at him with interest.

"It takes a while for someone to even understand that. It seems like you been through much pain than you let on." The man observes curiously.

"What kind of bind is your brother in?" Stiles deflects, slowly bringing his walls up. His tendency to ramble usually has a way of drawing attention away from him, not towards him. He didn't think it would switch up on him today, but nevertheless he always seems to find himself if some kind of situation.