Chapter 9

Last night, right before Stiles had gone to sleep, he had gone to Hayley's room to just check up on her. She gave him one of the best news ever.

She said that the gender of the baby is most likey gonna be a girl. Stiles laughed at the image of Elijah and Klaus having to play tea party with the baby. Dressed up with scarves and wearing princesses crowns, and having to pretend to sip none existent tea.

This morning, Stiles had gone to the kitchen- after getting ready for the day- to make himself a coffee. He heard a knock at the door and when he opens it he is surprised to see Cami at the other side.

"Angel, what are you doing here?" Stiles asks, confused.

"Klaus asked me to come over but he didn't say why," She explain with an exasperated sighed. He lets her in and they walk to the living room.

"There you two are." Stiles heard Klaus announces. He turns to see the vampire looking at them with an enthusiastic smile.

"Why did you invite Cami over?" Stiles asks through gritted teeth.

"You will find out soon, but both of you come with me," He instructs them and they follow him into his study.

When they came inside Klaus stares at a painting with his back to them and then he starts to speak.

"Over the course of my life, I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants, to satisfy hunger even if doing so will cause another's suffering? What some would call evil I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world," Klaus explains to us like a self-made poet.

"No offense, but I don't get why you want Cami and me here together with you," Stiles said completely confused with the situation.

"I enjoy your company here Stiles, and I sense that both of you have the capacity for understanding someone of my complexity. Stiles, you already know what I am about to tell Cami over here." Klaus said and Stiles was seething.

"Klaus I swear t--" Stiles tried to threaten but Klaus cuts me off.

"You see Camille, I returned to New Orleans to investigate a threat posed against me. What I found was a young woman, pregnant, in need of protection. My brother--" He starts to say but Stiles cuts him off.

"The good brother," Stiles interjected and Klaus scowls while sending him a glare.

"Like I said, the do-gooder, tried to manipulate me into helping her. He thought it would redeem me," Klaus starts again and Stiles rolled his eyes.

"More like tried to help you get your head out of your ass," Stiles snapped and Klaus glares again.

"Will you let me finish the explanation?" He asked irritated.

"I don't even want her to know the explanation. But if you aren't going to listen to me then I will correct every flaw in your story." Stiles scowled towards him.

"The trouble is, I've since learned of another young woman, a girl really, one with vast potential, held in captivity by a tyrant." He continues on but Stiles once again corrected the story.

"I wouldn't call him a tyrant more like a low-level dictator. Also, stop trying to make it seem like you are the hero. We all know you'll do the same thing."

"I want to help to help both of these women-- protect one and free the other." He goes on but instead of saying it out loud Stiles thinks it.

More like use one and control the other.

"So tell me, Cami, does that sound evil to you?" Klaus asked her as he sits down in his chair and Camille just gives him a polite smile.

"I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone professionally." She explains to him and Stiles snorted.

"Angel, that is the biggest understatement of the year," Stiles replied and Klaus gives him another glare.

"I think I prefer talking to Stiles." He says and Stiles could feel himself blush. Leaving him temporarily speechless. Cami gives Stiles a mischevious smirk. Stiles just stood still for a while flustered and shocked.

"Then why is Cami here?" Stiles asked trying to get rid of the attention on him.

"I wanted to offer her a job as my Stenographer. It is obvious that Stiles is going to be by my side helping me with some very important things so I want Camille to do it because I don't think anyone else is fit for the job." Klaus explains to the both of them.

"Ok. What are we writing?" Cami asked as she crosses her arms tempted by the job offer.

"My memoirs of course. Someone should know my story, besides it will give us time to discuss other riveting subjects like your handsome suitor Marcel." Klaus says and Stiles knew getting involved with the Mikaelsons would get his family involved no matter how many times he would have protested.

"Excuse me. My private life is-- " Cami tries to explain but Klaus cuts her off.

"Your private life is, as it turns out, essential to my plans. You see, Marcel wants you, and because of that, he will trust you, which serves me. The thing is the French Quarter is on the verge of war. On the one side, there's me, and on the other Marcel along with a very powerful witch and an Army of vampires. " Klaus said as he got up from his seat and walked over to them.

"What?!" Camille asked afraid and confused.

Klaus gets her and pins her to a wall.

"Klaus let her go. You haven't hurt her so I haven't done anything yet but if you--" Stiles threatened but Klaus cuts him off.

"You'll do what?" He challenges.

"I will go to Marcel and tell him all about your plan. If that gets me in good favor with him then I can convince him to get Davina to reverse the spell on Hayley. Hayley, Cami, and I will run as far away from here and you will never meet your child until the day I die." Stiles threatened for the hundredth time and Stiles could see him tense with anger. Klaus lets go of Camille and now has him pinned to a wall.

"You wouldn't dare." He snarls angrily.

"Try me," Stiles scowls back. Klaus' face is so close to his that he forget for a second why he was mad at him. He focused on his lips but then he quickly came back to reality.

Klaus lets go of him and compels Cami to not be afraid.

Cami arms don't look as tense and she spoke up, "I'm not scared anymore. That's amazing. How did you--" Cami tries to ask but Stiles interrupted her.

"It is called compulsion. It's a neat bit of vampire trickery. I wish my creature could do that." Stiles said slightly jealous.

"Wait, what do you mean your creature? Ty też jesteś Nadprzyrodzony!" She exclaimed loudly.(You are Supernatural too!)

"I didn't want you to find out this way. I will tell you later because it seems Klaus is not finished with his talking." Stiles snarls and she gave him a glare that means 'We are so talking about this later and you can't get out of this conversation'

"Let's talk a little more about Marcel." He says with a smirk and Stiles groaned.

This is going to be one of the worst conversations Stiles will ever have in life.

--------------