Chapter 14

Not Edited, feel free to point out any mistakes.

Stiles was in the living room with Rebekah, waiting for Klaus to bring in Sophie. In one swoop, Klaus pushed Sophie on the chair like a rag doll and Stiles got a mild whiplash.

"We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and while I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches." Klaus ranted as he sat down on the couch putting his arm around Stiles' shoulder and Stiles put his hand on Klaus' knee for comfort.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die." Sophie pleads her case and Stiles believes her.

"Then who was it?" Stiles asked, leaning more into Klaus.

"They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby." Sophie said scoffing.

"What kind of vision?" Rebekah asked curiously.

"She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one." She said but not answering Rebekah's question.

"Sophie, how was the vision interpreted?" Stiles asked as Klaus gave her a knowing glare.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches," Sophie said apprehensively.

"Ah, well, I grow fonder of this child by the second," Klaus comments with a smirk and Stiles nudged him trying to contain his amusement towards Klaus' comment.

"Sophie, look. I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby, Hayley, and Stiles while he tried to win Davina's loyalty. I can not do that when your coven is trying to kill Hayley and the baby to which would cause Stiles to go and save her and could potentially get one or all 3 of them killed in the process. Why don't you just tell me how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah asked as she took a seat in a chair.

"Elijah is talking to Davina?" Sophie asked once again not answering the question.

"Yes, as we speak. Answer the question, Sophie." Stiles demands in irritated. That extreme faction made him in a less hospitable mood as of recently so his patience is wearing thin.

"Davian would have plenty to say about that crowd," Sophie answered.

"Since Elijah probably won't be returning soon and we need answers quickly, do tell," Klaus spoke up. He can sense the tension off Stiles and he knows that Stiles is trying to calm himself down and the last thing everyone needed is both of them angry.

"I was not always an advocate for the witches. My sister was devoted to our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turn 21, I left the Quarter to travel...and play, but I wanted to be a chef. So I came back to Rousseau's. The time when I came home, they were preparing for a harvest." She explained to all of them.

"What the bloody hell is a harvest?" Rebekah asked confused.

"It's a ritual that our coven does every 3 centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors. They keep our ancestral power flowing." Sophie further explains.

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Klaus asked suspiciously.

"Because a harvest always seemed like a myth, a story passed down through generations like Noah's Ark or the Buddha walking on water, the kind that some people take literally and some people don't." She said and also told them about the preparations and how she was trying to stop it.