Chapter 32 (1/3)

Author's Note: I don't know what day but I will be updating once a week. My goal is to be halfway done with season 2 by Christmas.

Hayley thought it would be a good idea to kidnap Celeste and she somehow convinced Derek and Stiles to go along with her plan. They went to the hospital that Klaus and Rebekah were kept in and they waited as they saw Elijah and Marcel head in. A few minutes later Celeste walks out all high and mighty. Hayley grabs a stick, creeps ups on her, and hits her unconscious.

"Hey, there, witch bitch. You and I are gonna have a little chat," Hayley says as she bends down to pick up Celeste. Derek goes to help but when Stiles steps in Hayley stops him.

Stiles quirks an eyebrow before Hayley replies, "Elijah is going to need you to deal with Klaus. I and Derek got Celeste."

Stiles shook his head in protest before saying, "No, no, no, and did I mention no. You are dealing with an ancient witch. I am not leaving you guys alone."

Hayley rolls her eyes as she says, "We are taking her to the bayou where I will be protected. I have had my fair share of taking down a witch. If Klaus isn't maintained by the time we get back it'll be hell for everyone and you know it."

Stiles sighed in annoyance before nodding his head in agreement. He hugs her and says, "Be careful."

He looks over at Derek and says, "Protect her with your life. I don't care who or how you kill."

Derek nods his head in understanding before they went on their way. He saw Marcel and Rebekah run out but they were gone before he could say anything. Elijah finally came out with an immobile Klaus. He walked over to take Klaus in his hands but Elijah hesitated to pass him over.

"I have subdued him with Tunde's knife. How will I know you won't free him?" Elijah questions in suspicion and Stiles huffs out a laugh as he replies, "I'm still petty for him leaving without notice. A knife to the chest seems like a good way to punish him."

Elijah seemed to accept the answer as he let Stiles carry Klaus bridle style. They head to the car and Stiles sits in the back with Klaus' head on his lap. Stiles played with Klaus' hair and noticed that he hasn't closed his eyes. Stiles looked up at Elijah and asked, "Can he hear us?"

Elijah paused for a moment before answering, "I'm not sure."

Stiles looked down at Klaus, combining their hands to take his pain before singing,

"Strangers in the night, exchanging glances

Wondering in the night; what were the chances?

We'd be sharing love Before the night was through

Something in your eyes was so inviting

Something in your smile was so exciting

Something in your heart told me I must have you

...

Strangers in the night, two lonely people

We were strangers in the night

Up to the moment when we said our first hello,

Little did we know

Love was just a glance away, a warm embracing dance away

And ever since that night, we've been together

Lovers at first sight, in love forever

It turned out so right for strangers in the night

...

Love was just a glance away

A warm embracing dance away

Ever since that night, we've been together

Lovers at first sight, in love forever

It turned out so right

For strangers in the night."

Stiles took in a breath as he let go of Klaus's hand and went back to combing through the man's hair. Stiles saw Elijah looking at him through the rearview mirror and asked, "What?"

Elijah cleared his throat before asking, "You love my brother?"

Stiles' cheeks starting feeling warm and he knew that the was blushing. It was his turn to clear his throat before replying, "No, not yet anyway. But your brother sure has a weird way of captivating people."

Stiles looked back down at Klaus who still hasn't taken his eyes off of him. Stiles bent his head down to kiss Klaus on the forehead as he says, "That doesn't mean you're off the hook mister. We'll discuss this after we deal with the witches."

Elijah stopped at a red light and looked over at Stiles momentarily to ask, "Where's Hayley?"

Stiles tensed and Elijah didn't take that as a good sign. Stiles noticed the Original's change of demeanor and quickly responded, "She's safe. She's just not at the compound. There are some things she had to handle and Derek's with her and she didn't want to be around while we handle your brother."

Stiles could tell Elijah didn't agree with Hayley leaving but he didn't protest.

-----

Stiles woke up the next morning with a text from Angel.

He's getting worse.

Stiles sighed in annoyance as he temporarily forgot that his uncle has been hexed by the witches. Add that to the list of things he needs to take care of in this godforsaken city. He rubs his eyes before he heads into his closet to pick out an outfit to wear. He took a quick shower and brushed his teeth before he headed over to Klaus' room.

Elijah was there waiting for him as he held out a bowl of food for him. Stiles quirked an eyebrow and Elijah explained himself by saying, "I'm going to remove the knife. You are the only person he won't immediately slaughter and you're gonna feed him until he's sufficient. Slowly, so you have a chance to convince him to not kill our baby sister. You need food if you're gonna keep up with his appetite."

Stiles grabs the plate without any fussing and started to munch on the eggs, potatoes, and bacon. Elijah also handed him a vile of liquid and said, "If your system is laced with vervain he'll be forced to drink slower. I also don't like the idea that you're defenseless against compulsion."

Stiles rolled his eyes before he shot back the vervain and his eyes squinted at the bitterness of the liquid. He set the vile down before going back to eating. Elijah cuts an incision along the scar and sticks his hand inside of Klaus' body. He moves his hand around for a few seconds before he finds the knife and rips it out. Klaus' gasp awake as his body recognizes that the torturous knife was no longer in his body.

Elija wipes his hand against a towel and walks over to Klaus. He whispers in his ear, "Niklaus, it was not my desire to bring you pain, but I will not see you hurt Rebekah. Now I fear Sabine may make a final move against us. I intend to find her and end this."

Before Elijah could leave Klaus weakly calls out, "Elijah..."

Elijah bends his head further as Klaus says, "You will pay for this." Elijah clenches his jaw before facing Stiles and saying, "Remember, slowly," and he proceeds to walk out of the room.