Chapter 33

Author's Notes: I'm not sure if it was an unintentional plot whole, but when Klaus was little they show that he had given Rebekah a wooden figure of a Knight on a horse. The thing is Klaus was born in the new world, so there was no way he knew what a horse was as it was before the Pilgrims, and other Europeans made there over to America. A knight could easily be written off as a Viking Warrior, but what about the horse? If the Vikings had brought horses then they'd surely be seen in more flashbacks in their childhood. So were there paintings of them that Klaus drew inspiration? I don't know.

Anyway, enjoy:

NOT EDITED

After Klaus had abandoned Stiles at the former-opera house- he had gotten a text from Camille. It stated that she'd be going to the church to talk to Davina about her death experience. Stiles didn't know Davina had come back to life but was relieved to know she did. He knew how much the death affected Marcel. He also knew Klaus was going to go settle his sibling drama. Now that he was aware that Camille was preoccupied; the only thing he wanted to do and was going to do was join Hayley and Derek in the Bayou.

When he arrived Hayley had greeted him with a big hug to which he gratefully reciprocated. As she was in his arms, he asked, "What happened while I was away?"

Hayley let go and took a step back before replying with a delighted smile, "Well, Celeste made the antidote to the spell, and then Elijah had come to kidnap her. He made sure to figure out if she made me the real thing, so I get to reverse the curse."

Stiles laughed in joy because he heard some good news for once. His mood had dampened when he remembered his earlier encounter with Klaus, and how he compared him to his father. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to tell Klaus, but Stiles knew that there was some truth to his own words. Instead of arguing and trying to persuade an immortal, it was good to just be with Hayley and Derek and to unwind for a few hours.

Derek had walked out of the run-down shack and when Stiles saw him, he immediately hugged him. "I see you protected Hayley. I think you deserve a hug." Derek rolled his eyes, but didn't protest as he replied, "It's good to see you too."

When he let go of Derek, he turned to Hayley who immediately asked him, "What's going on with the Rebekah-Klaus situation?" Stiles sighed in despair and rubbed his forehead as he felt a headache forming. If he thought about the Mikaelson family for one more second his brain might explode.

"Ummm, I had to take care of Klaus, and basically feed him while trying to convince him to not kill his sister. He told me some personal stories that I really do not want to talk about, and I may or may have not compared him to his father. He then left and I'm not completely sure if what I said made any difference in his desire to kill his sister," Stiles explained as he crossed his arms, and looked down, and then to the side as he pursed his lips for a moment. He then looked towards them and saw that they were taken aback by his confession.

"So you really think Klaus might kill Rebekah?" Hayley asked softly as she tried to digest what he said. Sure, Klaus can be homicidal and insane sometimes, but would he really go through with killing his own flesh and blood? If he did then Elijah would never forgive him and he'd have no family left. Yeah, he'd soon enough have his daughter, but a bond with a child and with a sibling is different.

Stiles shook his head for a moment before he decided to put his hands in his jacket pockets then have them across his chest. "Honestly, I have no idea. He seemed so sure when he left, but there were times were he looked conflicted."

Derek muttered, "Wow,"  before they decided to not talk about the Mikaelsons anymore. They just decided to have a peaceful day at the Bayou; no distractions what so ever. At one point they decided to get in the water. It was on the chiller side, but they weren't out there for more than an hour. Hayley even had an extra pair of clothes as she learned from her last experience at the Bayou that it wouldn't be her last time returning. Stiles had made a quick return to the city to buy food and quickly made his way back, so they could eat.

As it got darker, Derek made a fire to keep them warm. They shared some childhood experiences and Derek even got around to telling Hayley about his family's death. Over several years, he's found it a little bit easier to talk about it. It wasn't easy to get the first words out, but with some encouragement from Stiles, he managed to tell Hayley a general summary of what happened.

Stiles opened up a little bit more with talking about his experience with a certain Japanese demon. Stiles primarily knows that he is able to take the pain from others, and he hears better than the average as well with some provided strength, and endurance, but not much else. He's not completely sure if he had gotten the immortality bit, or if he can possess others. Then again, Kira's mom explained that what occurred has never happened before, so there is no way of telling. If Stiles so happens to be killed and then comes back to life, or if he focuses hard enough, and takes over someone else he'll never know.

Hayley in return talked about her struggling childhood, her experience with her adoptive parents, her wolf transition, and everything in-between. They really allowed themselves to be vulnerable with each other and in turn, solidified their pack bond to make it stronger. There was no doubt that if another pack were to encounter them they would notice the pack dynamic between the trio. Sure, they haven't been together for long; some more than others, but protecting each other came easy to them.

As they were sitting around the fire they noticed Rebekah walking towards them. Hayley let out a breath of relief as she knows that Klaus didn't kill off the only girl-friend she had in this god-forsaken city.  They stood up to greet her and Hayley asked, "What are you doing here?"

Rebekah stood a little taller and responded, "I came to say good-bye to you lot."

Hayley swallowed the bile forming in her throat and she looked away, so she could contain the tears she knew that were on their way to spilling. "What happened to us girls sticking together?"

"Well, Nik and I came to an all or nothing arrangement. I leave town for good, he allowed me too. Can't pass that up."

Hayley huffs out a small laugh and snarks, "1,000 years with Klaus, I guess you deserve a few vacation days."

Rebekah looks between all three of them but keeps a longer gaze on Stiles when she warns, "Listen, about Nik, he is a monster. Do not ever cross him, but he does want more from life than to just be feared. He's too broken to find it himself, but I do believe there is hope for him in the baby that you carry, and speaking of your child, our family has no shortage of enemies. She will inherit all of them. Please be careful."

Hayley wipes away a stray tear as she mumbles, "You know you can always come back and visit. I've been known to keep a secret or two from Klaus."

Rebekah lets out a little laugh and replies, "Well if I can't, you make sure to tell that little girl stories of her crazy auntie Bex. Let her know that despite my absence, I do love her very much."

She turns towards Stiles completely and says, "I know that you took care of Klaus when he was getting back to health, and I wanted to say thank you for trying to convince him not to kill me. Yes, Elijah and I had to do some excruciating persuading, but I am sure that whatever you said resonated in his brain. I approve of you and my brother, and I hope it does him some good, and he doesn't turn you to bad."

Stiles laughs at that and comments, "Yeah, me too."

Rebekah gives a small smile Derek's way as they didn't really get to know each other, but acknowledges his presence and his help. She gives a small wave to all three and then leaves towards her car to drive away from a city that has caused much pain and happiness.