Chapter 26

Warning: Remember that Cami and Klaus aren't together and won't end up together in this book. Yes, he does care about her but not as deeply as it was portrayed in the show. Everything he has done to and for her was with a little less care then he did in the show and more so for Stiles.

Stiles woke up the next morning to see that Klaus was still asleep. He winced a little when he sat up but that wasn't anything new that he has experienced before. He moved out of bed to put his bottoms on and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower. When he came back out, Klaus wasn't anywhere to be seen. Stiles just sighed before he got dressed and decided to interact with the world. When he stepped out of his room he bumped into Derek.

"I'm sorry," Stiles apologized as he stepped out of shock.

"No, problem. It was me who should have been watching where I was going. I'm guessing you had a good night last night," Derek commented with a small smirk before he took a strawberry out of the small bowl he had in his hands. They started walking down the hallway together.

"You heard?" Stiles asked, scratching the back of his neck as his face beat bright red in embarrassment.

"Nope, I'm pretty sure some of the rooms are soundproof but I can definitely smell him on you. Anyone with enhanced smelling can smell it. He definitely claimed his mark on you," Derek teased and Stiles punched his arm.

"I think I liked it better when you were cold and sour. He did not claim me. It was a one-time thing until everything blows over," Stiles denies as he shakes his sweater and his sleeves move past his fingertips. He crosses his arms as if he was subconsciously trying to hide from Derek's knowing look.

"Sure and then what if this never blows over? What if we are always going to have the same problem with the witches and what, the werewolves next? I think any relationship with a Mikaelson is never the right time. They have been alive longer than most redwood trees themselves. With time comes enemies so I say you think long and hard before you think about screwing with a Mikaelson in bed, again," Derek advises as he takes another bite out of another strawberry.

"It's too early to be getting advice right now. When did you get so wise anyway? I've been friends with you how long and you decided to give advice to me now? How convenient?" Stiles grumbles in annoyance as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I think I know a thing or two with having an evil significant other, voluntarily or not. My opinion is still valid. Strawberry?" Derek offers as he sees Stiles sigh in understanding and frustration so he decided to give the guy a break.

"Fine," Stiles says as he stubbornly takes a strawberry from the bowl and nibbles on it like a child. They ended up stopping at a small study room to see Marcel and Klaus arguing.

"What's going on?" Stiles asked in annoyance.

"Our secret weapon has escaped," Klaus grumbles in frustration and that got him a glare from Stiles and Marcel.

"She wouldn't just leave. She knows the witches want her back," Marcel snapped as he defended Davina.

"She's not an object Klaus," Stiles scolds but doesn't say anything further.

"Her violin is missing. She may have left on her own accords," Elijah stated as he walked into the room. Giving a nod of acknowledgment to Derek and Stiles.

"What did you say to her in the attic? She lied to my face so she could stay up there thinking that you'd be able to help control her magic. How do we know you didn't take her?" Marcel asked accusingly, moving a step forward into Elijah's space.

"I have no idea where Davina is or why she ran away. Can I suggest you take a step back?" Elijah warns in a calm voice. Marcel gives him a once over and complies; going back to his original spot.