Chapter 27

Sorry about this chapter. This episode wasn't that exciting but the up and coming ones will have more spice. As you know what happens after the ritual.

"The Italians call them Strega. The Yoruba of West Africa calls them Aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here they call them a witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina," Elijah explains as he crosses his arms and looks upon the drawing of his ex.

There was a meeting called for in Klaus's study with everybody now in the room. Klaus by the bar who was conveniently drinking, Derek and Stiles sitting on the couch, and Hayley sat in a loveseat right across from them with Elijah standing behind a coffee stable.

Hayley was nervously biting her lip as she fumbled with her fingers. Stiles took note of it and reminded himself to question her about it later.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence," Klaus snarked towards Elijah. Stiles and Derek silently chuckled as Klaus' last comment.

"Yes, perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand why all these sketches now," Elijah thinks through frustration and just ultimately sighs before he takes a seat next to Stiles.

"Why does anyone do anything?" Klaus asked as he to sat down but in the seat next to Hayley's.

They heard a crash in the background and all of them had a sneaking suspicion that it had something to do with Davina.

"Well, that's going well," Klaus states sarcastically.

"Well if you were trying to win her trust maybe killing off one of the few people she had left in her life wasn't such a good idea," Stiles chimes in rather passive-aggressively.

"Are there other inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus asked in an offense to Stiles's remark.

"Give me a month. I, myself could get you a list," Elijah pipes in Stiles defense. Klaus chuckles but then glares at the ceiling when he hears another crashing noise.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are still a pain in the ass," Klaus remarks before he gets up to go handle the noise control.

Hayley waited a moment before she decided to speak up and break the silence. She looked down at her lap before she looked back up towards Elijah and said, "Elijah?"

"Hmm?" Elijah noised as if to acknowledge her presence.

"There is something you need to know," She whispers out and that certainly caught all of their attention. Stiles and Derek had no clue what might be causing the distressed tone in Hayley's voice. Before Elijah can ask what's wrong there was a rumble in the ground. The whole building started rattling in an earthquake.

They all went out of the room and they heard Klaus scream Davina's name. He and Marcel marched back into the study while Derek and Stiles decide to stand outside with Hayley. Derek was eavesdropping on the conversation while Stiles started to talk to Hayley about her almost confession.

"What was that about?" Stiles asked in concern as he turned his focus on Hayley.

"It was nothing," Hayley brushed off and Stiles just scoffed.

"Yeah, right, it was just nothing. If it was nothing you wouldn't be nervous about whatever is on your mind and you didn't even tell us first before trying to confess with Elijah," Stiles remarks in a whisper because he doesn't want the people in the other room to hear.