Chapter 36

Author's Note: I'm conflicted. Jackson? I don't know because he seems so infatuated with Hayley but he just seems like the one who would cause less drama. Marcel? Klaus basically saw him as a son at one point. Wouldn't it be toxic or more damaging on Stiles' part then who Klaus has slept with? Derek? I feel like they already established a solid friendship and I don't want to complicate things or make him a target to Klaus.

I don't know what I want to do.

P.S. I love comments. Like I love, love comments

Enjoy your reading experience:

Klaus was painting a canvas he's been working on for the last month. Something about the painting was off and he couldn't figure out the right stroke or color to finish it. Genevieve didn't make it any easier with her constantly visiting the compound to fulfill her desires. At first, he indulged her needs but when the month passed her presence couldn't offer him the same effect to distracts his thoughts away from Stiles and his baby; if anything Genevieve became more of a nuisance. He noticed that she was starting to grow attached and he would have to cut ties with her soon but at the moment her distraction would suffice.

Genevieve wrapped her laced robed around her body despite it giving little concealment to her nearly naked self. She walked towards the back of Klaus and lightly put her hands on his waist as he continued to paint. She chuckled for a moment and then said, "You should have seen your brother's face when Stiles walked in. You should have seen Stiles. He was furious."

Klaus made a point not to react to her comment. He didn't want to show Genevieve the effect Stiles had on him at the mere mention of his name. Klaus kept his back to her and his face towards the canvas. He simply muttered out, "Cresent curse is broken then?"

She stayed quiet for a moment before she stepped away from him and headed towards his paintbrushes. She held one and spun it in its bottle before asking, "Do you believe this will work, that we can finally have some semblance of peace in this city?

She kept her line of vision on Klaus' face to catch his reaction but he didn't have one. He kept his face in a stoic expression as he tried to convey a look of concentration while he painted along with his canvas. Before he could respond to her question they were interrupted by Cami as they could hear her voice down the hall.

Cami walked in with quick footsteps and said, "I saw your light in the courtyard and took a chance that--" She paused for a moment when she realized that Klaus already had company and it wasn't just some random stranger; to make it worse Genevieve barely had any clothes on as she stood there unbothered with Camille's presence.

Camille gave Klaus a look of judgment before finishing her sentence with, "--You weren't with a half-naked psycho-witch. Seems I gambled and lost." Cami crossed her arms in annoyance before moving her gaze towards Genevieve.

The witch remained calm as she comments, "Ten minutes ago, I was fully naked."

Camille nodded her head before sarcastically remarking, "Oh, then you have served your purpose. Don't let me hold you up."

Genevieve strutted towards Cami with annoyance clear in her eyes and once she stopped she said, "You O'Connells sure do love to piss off witches." She gave Camille a triumph smirk before walking away and into another room. Genevieve knew that her comment got under the woman's skin.

Cami clenched her jaw at that statement but once she knew the witch was gone she focused her attention back to Klaus and judgementally asked, "Really? The women tried to blackmail me into stabbing you with a mystical knife of excruciating pain."

Klaus remained unfazed with the wavering judgment cast his way by Camille as he remarks, "Well, New Orleans breeds nothing if not strange bedfellows-" Klaus walked passed Cami to the other side of the room to pour himself a drink, "-but I assume you are not here to question me on my leisure activities."