Chapter 23

Stiles was walking in the bayou when he finally found the small house he knew Elijah, Hayley, and Derek were in.

"Hey, guys," Stiles said as he watched his footing. He didn't want to fall in the dirt.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would be with Klaus." Hayley said as she was greeted with a hug.

"Well, we got into a small disagreement. I figured it was best to come here then stay with him and make things worse. God knows Klaus is starting to reach his breaking point." Stiles said with a sigh.

"I think he has always been on his breaking point. Sometimes I don't know if he is like that because he's lived with a thousand years' worth of paranoia or it's just a permanent part of his personality." Hayley grumbled.

"Where's Derek and Elijah?" Stiles asked worriedly.

"They are inside. Derek's taking his pain while Elijah rests." Hayley said as she runs her hand through her hair.

They hear a loud gasp and they run inside.

Stiles sits behind Elijah on the bed and puts his left hand on his forehead and he grabs Elijah's hand to take away the pain.

"You are okay, Elijah. You are okay." Stiles said as he was stroking his forehead but then he got images. They were images of a pretty woman in a bathtub, she was smiling as she scrubs herself.

"Oh, Celeste," Elijah said and his body relaxes significantly.

Stiles takes his hand off of Elijah's forehead and Elijah comes back to reality.

Everyone in the room wasn't saying anything, just shifting in the awkward silence.

"Stiles, I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else." Elijah apologized in a weak voice. His head still in Stiles' lap looking around the room, with delirious eyes.

"Celeste?" Stiles asked.

"Yes."

"Whoever she was, she was hot. Not gonna blame you for thinking about her." Stiles said with a chuckle and he could tell that Hayley and Derek were trying to suppress their laughter from the comment.

"Did I let you into my mind?" Elijah asked.

"The venom is weakening your body as well with your mind," Stiles stated.

"I'm not well, I should go," Elijah said as he struggled to get up.

Stiles gave Derek a look to block the door and Derek nods his head in understanding.

"Elijah, you are sick. Let us take care of you if you leave something bad could happen." Stiles said as he put his hand on Elijah's shoulder.

"If I stay, I could harm all of you, possibly kill all of you," Elijah stated.

"Elijah, I know you are doing everything in your power to be safe. I trust that you won't go crazy on us. If you do, I'll promise we'll run. Okay?" Stiles tells him and Elijah nods his head in agreement?

"Why aren't you with Niklaus?" Elijah asked confused.

"We got into a disagreement. He decided to end whatever relationship we were working towards and I felt it was best I leave before it escalated any further." Stiles stated as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Can't say I'm not surprised that he ended it. I'm only surprised that he didn't go to extreme measures to break things off with you." Elijah said with a sigh. He wasn't surprised that his brother ended things with Stiles, but his brother was one to push people away harshly. To make sure they never came running back.