Chapter Four 💋

After breakfast , me and Michelle went back to my bedroom and spent a couple of hours gossiping , snap chatting and listening to music until she went back home to get changed for the party.

I went through my wardrobe trying to pick up my favourite outfit. I had a black and yellow skater dress from a communion I went to a couple of months ago but it was too dressy for a party.

After a while , I finally picked up a black and white t shirt dress and a pair of suede high heel boots.

I walked over to my mirror and debated whether on to wear a white cardigan with it so I texted Michelle , she'd definitely know what to do.

Me:

sent photo to michelle❤.

Michelle:

cute outfit! Ditch the cardigan tho 👎🏼

Me:

Why tho?

Michelle:

It ruins the outfit. You're 17 not 7.

Me:

But what if I get cold?

Michelle:

It's in a house , with central heating. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Me:

I don't like having my arms on show.

Michelle:

You sound so pretentious , you know right?

I roll my eyes before replying.

Me:

Fine , I'll ditch it.

I get a quick shower then I put on my underwear then my robe I've had since before freshman year , it's a bit tight now but it's one of my favourite things.

I get out my curling wand and quickly curl my hair. I start to do my makeup which I'm awful at doing but I can't go to a party without wearing makeup.

I do a quick flick of eyeliner (and attempt to put on mascara without poking myself in the eye) , some concealer and a red lip.

Pretty pleased with my makeup , I take a photo then once I'm dressed ; take a photo of my whole outfit.

I text Michelle asking her how long will she take then head downstairs.

As I walk downstairs, clutching onto the bannister so I don't fall , I hear a voice wolf-whistling at me.

I turn around to see James smirking at me.

'If you're trying to get me to sleep with you after the party , your plan is failing.'

He raised his eyebrows, in shock.

'I was complimenting you.'

'Wolf whistling is demeaning , it's not a compliment.' I say , angry at him.

'Sorry.' He says , biting his lip , 'You look amazing , is that a compliment?'

I furrow my eyebrows, confused.

Did James just compliment me?

'Erm...Yeah. Thankyou.' I stutter , praying that Michelle knocks on the door pretty soon.

After 10 minutes of awkward silence , Michelle finally knocks.

'That's my cue to leave.' I say , picking up my clutch bag and opening the door.

'Bye!' I shout out to the boys.

'Oh my gosh , I'm so glad you came now.' I laughed as we walked down the road to Michelle's car.

'Why?' She laughed back , confused whilst messing with her waterfall braid , making sure every piece was perfect.

'Ugh. James decided to 'compliment' me. It was actually so awkward.' I cringed , rolling my eyes.

Michelle's eyes lit up and she started to smirk.

'I reckon he likes youu!' She smirked , nudging me in the ribs.

'Don't.' I complained as we got into the car.

'You look lovely Riley!' Michelle's mom exclaimed.

Since we both couldn't drive , our parents pretty much took us everywhere.

'Thankyou!' I blushed , smiling at her.

Michelle cleared her throat , 'I helped her out.'

I shook my head , laughing at her.

'Is Eldon and James going to the party?' Michelle asked , taking snapchats of me and her on her phone.

'Ugh. Yeah they are.' I moaned as Michelle's mom chuckled.

After 15 more minutes in the car , we arrived at the party.

'Bye!' We both shouted as the car drove off.

'Right , let's get inside!' I said , linking mine and Michelle's arm together.

•••

This is the end of chapter 4 , sorry it's so short.

It's just basically a filler - which the story will have loads of!😉

Please keep reading , commenting and voting on this book!📓❤️

— izz 🖤xox