Chapter Five 💋

'Michelle?' I ask , messing with my hair.

'Yeah?' She replies , waving to some lads in our year.

'Is it alright if I just stay with you?'

She laughs then smiles , 'Obviously that's fine Ri.'

As me and Michelle walked into the house , we were instantly greeted by drunk friends and random , probably even more drunk , strangers.

Michelle being the chattiest person ever went over to a couple of girls in our school and started talking to them.

I was starting to become tired due to the smell of strong alcohol. I would have left to go outside if it wasn't for Michelle who stood in front of my dangling legs which were sitting on a kitchen counter.

Michelle talked relentlessly to people as I stared at my phone , only laughing with the people when there was a joke in the conversation or someone said something about someone else.

After three cups of coke , I whispered in Michelle's ear to excuse myself to go the toilet.
She smiled and nodded then moved out of my way , still listening to the conversation.

I pushed past many people who were dancing to some insane dance song  - my head banging with the loud beat .

I scurry up the stairs , passing drunk couples intensely making out with each other. My stomach turning at the sight of mouths sloppily kissing.

Gagging , I run into the bathroom and start laughing at them.  I lock the door tight then do my business quickly when I hear fists banging on the door impatiently.

'One minute!' I shout , drying my hands with tissues. I open the door and slide pass the couple that walk in to the toilet.

'Fine. Whatever you bitch. We're over!' A voice boomed from one of the bedrooms I had passed , making me extremely curious.

I glanced into the bedroom when I saw a man drag his shaking hands through his now messed up hair , taking several deep breaths.

Slowly and quietly , I walk into the bedroom to get a better look. I wince as James threw his phone on to the floor.

A gasp emitting from my lips caused James to look up at me and half smile.

'Riley,' He sighs , 'I forgot you were here.'

I nod at him then say , 'That conversation didn't sound exactly good.' .

I then debated on whether I should have said it or not.

He must have saw my facial expressions because he then replied , 'It's okay , I.. erm .. called it quits with my girlfriend.'

'I thought you didn't like her anyway?' I say , questioning him as he sighed.

'Yeah. But I thought that we had something.'

'Oh. What happened?'

'I saw her downstairs , kissing some random strangers face off.' He cringed , shaking his head in disappointment.

'I'm guessing that you did like her.'

'She wasn't the one I really liked though.' He murmured loud enough for me to hear.

Downstairs , there had been a loud crash which then made glass shatter. I roll my eyes , shutting the door tight then sitting down on it.

James sat on the bed with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands , clearly in deep thought.

'James?' I say , as he mutters a response , 'Why are you so bothered about her if she's not the one you really like? I mean you could try to make an effort for this new girl you like. Show her what you're really like.'

James is facing the ground but I can see his lips forming into a smile.

He looks up to me and moves over on the bed.

He pats the space then says , 'The bed's probably more comfortable then the floor.'

I oblige and sit down next to him.

'I guess you're right then.' He shrugs his shoulders , 'I mean I've known her for ages and I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me back but I hope I can change that.'

Randomly , I start to feel like I did when I first met James , I just hope I'm not falling in love with him again. I feel queasy listening to him talking about this girl he likes , I know it's not me he likes but I can't stop the feeling that it is.

' I really hope she likes you back.' I whisper , even though we were the only ones in the room.

When I look over to him , he takes a deep breath and he's looking straight at me.

'Me too.'

I raise my eyebrows when I realise the closeness between me and James , his face leaning into me. I feel like my insides had turned into mush and my heart started beating ten times as fast , his lips centimetres away from mine. The smell of his breath that leaves his mouth fills my nostrils ; the smell of peppermint and alcohol , making goosebumps race through my arms.

I feel so excited and scared.

Just as his lips were about to brush against mine , the door suddenly swung open.

This was meant to turn out differently but I think it's too early for anything yet!😉

Please read this story because I feel like no one does and it really annoys me because I put so much effort into writing this.