♠Chapter Twenty-Six♠

Chapter Twenty-Six: Brave

~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~

YOU

Catty, Athena and I are currently leaning on a tree near the castle. "I'm so bored!" Catty whined. "No shit sherlock." Athena said with a huge grin.

I just smiled and looked at the both of them. How did I get so lucky to have these friends? "I have an idea." I said. Both of their heads turned to look at me in confusion.

"How about I ask my mom to train me on how to fight? You know. So that I can protect myself just in case." I suggested. They looked at each other then looked at me again with full seriousness.

"You to know that you'll have to harm or even kill to protect yourself... Right?" Catty asked. I sighed and nodded. "Of course I know." I replied.

"Y/n, if you do that, your 'girl with the golden heart' title will disappear in no time." Athena said. I bit my lip and looked at the both of them with full on determination.

"I think it's time for me to let go of that title. My mom and aunt may be queens, but they're warriors too. Strong and Brave warriors. I want to be like them." I said.

Athena and Catty smiled. "Well then. Let's go ask them for help." Athena said. The three of us went back to the castle and saw my mom and aunt their shared room.

"Mom, aunt, can you teach me on how to fight?" I asked. My mom and aunt froze and looked at me with worry. "Are you sure? I mean, you don't have to." My mom said.

I chuckled, went closer to her and held her hands. "I already thought about it a long time ago. It's a huge decision, but it's worth it." I replied.

My mom and aunt stared at each other before giving up and nodding. "Alright then. Wait for us outside at the forest. We'll just wear our dresses." My mom said.

The three of us nodded and went to the forest. "Aren't you going to wear an armour or something?" Athena asked. "Nope. I'm good." I answered.

After a few minutes of waiting, my mom and aunt came with their dresses. My mom brought a bow and many arrows while my aunt had a pack of knives.

"What are those for mom?" I asked. "Fighting, isn't the only important thing to protect yourself. It's also about weaponry. You may have guns, but knives, bow with arrows, crossbows, spears and axes are stronger weapons. Don't worry though. I will still teach you how to fight. After training with weapons." She explained.

I nodded and went near the two of them. Catty and Athena sat near us and watched the show. My mom walked forward and stretched the bow with an arrow and hit an apple hanging on a tree nearby.

My mom gave me the bow and one arrow and placed me in a position like her earlier. "You see that tree?" She asked, referring to the another apple tree a few feet in front of me.

I nodded and looked at it. "I want you to hit the apple which is hanging above it. Go on." She commanded. She walked back to my aunt and watched me.

I inhaled, placed my arrow in my bow and stretched the bow. Once I let go of it, I looked at the apple and I hit it perfectly in the middle. I smiled and looked at her.

She looked at me proudly took three more arrows and walked towards me again. "I knew you could do it. Now, I want you to hit three apples at once." She said and gave me the arrows.