Chapter 43

6 years later

Cailin: 8 years old
Drake: 8 years old

Jason's POV

"I dare you to touch it." I gave a glare to Drake as he quickly picked up the cupcake eating it. He opens his mouth showing me the cupcake. "Why did you eat it? That was the last one, I wanted it." I whine, seeing him licking his hands.

"You dared me."

"I said 'touch' not 'eat'." He shrugs and continues to eat his breakfast.

A week has past since the twins have started third grade. It's been two years since we moved back to Canada, ever since Pattie died Justin didn't want to stay here for a second he wanted to get away from it all and start fresh again.

His step father- Brandon we heard of a year ago after Pattie, he got married again. I guess she wasn't that special for him to wait awhile. Justin lost contact with him when he was invited to his wedding he didn't even go but wished him the best as the nice person he is, now for my secret he was shocked about it all but didn't blame me for it, he did want to break up for a while to think about it all but for the twins sake he didn't and worked it out with my dad, he went to visit him, after he confessed the truth he never got out of prison. Not that I cared.

Justin didn't want the twins to have parents that didn't talk to each other. I thanked god that I had them or we would have been over. Two years after that we finally got married in Canada and went to Paris for our honeymoon. I wanted Tokyo but I truly never get anything I want so I stuck to Justin's.

It was a magical and an amazing day for me. I remember when he was trying to put the ring on I cried because I couldn't even feel it and he told me to put it in my other hand so I could feel the love in the ring and I did ever since.

"Dad! Please?" I hear Cailin's voice begging Justin for something.

"No? How many times do I have to say it?" He groans making coffee for himself.

"But dad, anyone who's anyone is going to her birthday party and I wanna go." She stumps her foot on the ground.

"Fifteen minutes till we get to school- I mean for dad to drive you guys there." I roll my eyes remembering the bet I lost to him. Let's say the bet was if I didn't eat his cookies and I did all of them now I'm stuck in driving them to school for a year. Cailin pouts sitting beside me with crossed arms.

"It's not fair." She whispers under her breath kicking Drake's leg under the table.

"Hey, stop that." He whines kicking her back.

"Guys seriously? It's morning time and you know how I feel-" as I was saying my words I saw them not even listening to me but throwing stuff at each other. Justin was ignoring it because it was routine between them every single morning. They just couldn't stand by each other without arguing.

I pull Cailin on my lap whispering in her ear if she behaves I'll let her go, she claps her hands hugging me but not before slapping Drake's back going off. He hisses going to get her back but hold him back not letting him.

So much for her behaving.

"Ahhh! Dad it burns!" He groans rubbing the sore spot.

"Okay, we need to get going or I'm gonna be late for work." I clap my hands getting attention from them.

"When will you be back?" Justin asks as he washes the dishes. I walk slowly to him pulling him closer to wrap my arms around him. His embrace was warm, and sweet. The world around me melted away as I squeezed him, not wanting the moment to end.