The Reunion

Stefan's Point of View 

I went up to Damon's room and found him peacefully sleeping peacefully in his bed, I picked up a blood bag from the cooler and emptied it in a mug, shook him by the shoulder and woke him up.

He stirred and opened his eyes "Stefan... where am I?" He asked and I patted his shoulder "The boarding house brother" suddenly he shpt up to a sitting position, his eyes widening with panic "What the .... No no no no no I don't wanna be here ... I .. I shouldn't be here ... I can't be here" he said in a strained voice, I looked at him worriedly not understanding what's wrong with him then it  hit me,last time he was was here he got vervained & dragged to Whitmore. 

I had to calm him down so I held his shoulders and shook him lightly "Damon Damon Damon calm down you're not here alone... Lexi's here and I'm here" He was not listening it was like he didn't believe we were real, I remembered how he calmed down when Rebekah was close so I decided to use her to calm him "Rebekah is here too brother please calm down" 

He stopped struggling and went silent instantly but still looked me dead in the eyes with doubt and uncertainty so I repeated what I said to reassure him "She's downstairs I swear" He nodded  and relaxed back against the  headboard, closed his eyes for a while then opened them and looked at me curiously "How did I end up here?" He asked in a low voice.

I sat on the bed next to him and he turned slightly to look at me "We got you out, Enzo found out that you're still alive and he came to me and Lexi for help. He contacted Sheila Bennett and the Mikaelsons" I answered him waiting for a reaction. 

He looked thoughtful and stayed silent for a couple of minutes before he spoke again "It's been so long since I last saw Sheila. she must have grown up and looks like her mother now. Can you call her Stefan ?"He asked me in a low voice again & I wondered if he still feels exhausted.

I nodded and fished my phone out and called her then hung up and looked back at him. He was staring at me in an unreadable expression... I couldn't help myself "What is it Damon?" I asked curiously, He shook his head "Nothing... I.. I just thought I'd never see you again" He looked away for a moment then asked me something that froze me to the core "Why are you here Stefan? I know you'd rather be anywhere else why pretend you care?!" He asked sadly.

I didn't know what to say or how to respond to that... Did he really think I never cared about him, another voice in my head answered  'Yes idiot you spent more than a hundred years making sure of that' No I never stopped caring 'LIAR' the voice in my head said.

I raised my head and looked at Damon who was eyeing me curiously right now, I gathered my strength and answered him "I do care Damon. I know I never listened to you but I'd like us to have a fresh start brother. do you think we can do that?" I asked hopefully.

He stared at me for a while then a sarcastic smile appeared on his face "Oh Stefan, always the peace maker. You do realise what you're asking me to do right !! I mean you're kinda asking me to forget everything with all those times you accused me of betraying you, all the times you wished I was dead, all the times you pushed me away and said there's nothing in the world that could make you trust me ever again... you do realise that you want me to forget how many times you said you hate me after I practically raised you and took care of you to make sure you don't get to suffer our father's wrath... You do realise that you want me to forget that you forced me to turn just to cause me pain and give me an eternity of misery... You understand the magnitude of what you're asking me Stefan??" He asked me almost yelling with anger like roaring fire in his eyes