COMATOSE

Previously in Saving Damon 

 "Damon, you should really undo this spell. It doesn't seem to be that safe,  if you got affected then how will you protect Elena if it came down to it !!" Alaric said 

"Yes mate for the first and probably the last time I agree with the history teacher" Enzo said putting his hand on Damon's shoulder.

"No, Elena will need this spell until the curse is broken. END OF DISCUSSION" Damon said in a stern tone.

**********************

Damon was down in the basement with candles all around him, a map in front of him with a bowel of blood and an old picture of Katherine ... He was chanting something in Latin and had his eyes closed in concentration so I stayed rooted in my place at the doorway watching him silently. 

"What was that? What did you do Damon?" I asked curiously. 

"I was just getting rid of Katherine, I used Elena's blood to keep her out of Mystic Falls' borders for good. She can't step a foot in this town any moreSaid Damon

  The ritual started and we were all watching in fascination Bonnie chanting in a steady confident voice and the weather changed noticeably with the wind picking up, thunder crashing and lightening flashing ...   Klaus sank his fangs into Elena's neck draining her and letting her fall to the ground dead walking away with his eyes flashing amber and his bones breaking painfully until he changed into a big grey scary wolf that took off into the forest with Elijah on its heels.

We went back to the witches house with Elena... "Where is Damon?" Enzo asked. After a couple of moments I heard Ric shouting my brother's name so I rushed downstairs leaving Elena with Caroline, Lexi and Bonnie. Damon was on the ground with a big gash on his neck and blood all over the floor. 

**********************

Back in the Boarding house, Kol knelt down beside Damon and put his hand over his shoulder then looked at Bonnie "Can't you do anything Bennett?" he asked worriedly and she shook her head "I don't know if I could be of any help but Grams could definitely help. I'll call her now it's been over three hours and he's still out cold" she said & went to the kitchen to make the phone call.

  My head was racing with conflicting thoughts at the moment.  All I could think about was when Sheila will arrive and help us wake my brother up.  

    ***********************************************************************************

After 15 minutes Sheila came into the room holding a Grimoire in her hand and we all moved away to let her help Damon. She sat close to him and held his hand, closing her eyes and muttering a spell under her breath.  

After a couple of moments she opened her eyes and shook her head disappointedly. she stood up turning to me "Stefan, Shall I have a word with you alone please?" she asked in a worried voice & I felt my heart dropping but nodded and followed her to the study anyway "What is it Sheila? What's wrong with him?" 

She looked at me and sighed "He knew what he was getting himself into, Yet he did it anyway. I believe the linking spell allowed Damon to share his Vampirism with Elena. When she died the spell stopped her death from being final and she woke up again just like when you snap a vampire's neck." She said and went to sit down on one of the reading chairs in the study before she continued explaining.